SCRIP Shopping Cards
What is SCRIP?
SCRIP is a term that means "substitute money." When you purchase SCRIP, you're purchasing negotiable gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use SCRIP to make everyday purchases like food, clothing, and other essentials. With every purchase you can earn revenue for SCCC.
- How does SCRIP generate revenue?
The Great Lakes SCRIP Center acts on behalf of churches, schools, and other non-profit organizations to purchase large amounts of SCRIP from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because SCRIP is purchased with cash up front the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. Our organization buys the SCRIP from Great Lakes SCRIP Center at a discount and re-sells the certificates to families like yours for full face value. The discount (from two to fifteen percent or more) is our organization's revenue. Check the SCRIP website for current SCRIP retailers, detailed offerings, and rebate percentages.
- What do I have to sell?
Nothing! SCRIP is a popular fundraiser because families don't have to sell anything. Organization members produce revenue by making regular household purchases they would make anyway. Everything from groceries, clothing, toys, gifts, even gasoline can be purchased with SCRIP. You can, however, sell these cards just as you would other products to earn more money for your organization.
- How do I get started?
1) Sign a SCRIP agreement to allocate how your rebate earnings will be processed. (Email email@example.com to complete the agreement.)
2) Set up your personal account at www.shopwithscrip.com with Southern Cross selected as the organization your earnings benefit. SCCC's enrollment code is 7L33C81B2974L.
3) Submit your order online via the www.shopwithscrip.com website. There are two options available for payment - Presto Pay or traditional check. Presto Pay debits the amount of your purchased SCRIP cards directly from your bank account. Follow the directions on the website to enroll in Presto Pay. Alternatively, you may exchange a traditional check for your SCRIP cards through the SCCC SCRIP coordinator at the next scheduled delivery date.
4) Ask your family, friends, and neighbors to participate!
- What if I have further questions?
Email the current SCCC SCRIP coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.