Jail Break Escape Room
Date – Time
July 24, 2020
– 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Culpeper Escape Room
509 S. Main Street
Your team of international diamond thieves has somehow been caught by the bumbling deputies of the Puzzletown Sheriff's Department. Halfway through booking you they heard about a new escape room in town and rushed off to play. They'll be back in one hour. Can you escape before they return?
Ages 12 and UP
Cost will be $20.00 per participant.
You must pay in advance since I have already purchased the spaces.
You may pay via pay pal, check or cash.
ONLY 8 Spaces available.
With Virginia in Phase 3 of the COVID-19 response we are permitted to open so long as we follow certain safety guidelines. below is a list of steps are taking, as well as things we will ask of our customers to keep everyone safe.
Fun Isn't Fun Unless It's Safe
Out customers and our community are why we're here. Keeping everyone safe is just as important as the great puzzle experiences we offer. With this in mind, we will be following extra procedures to maintain a safe environment for our customers and staff. We will be asking our customers to help us achieve this goal.
What We Are Doing
- All bookings will now be private. Your group will not be paired with others, regardless of how many people are in your group.
- Our pricing has been adjusted to provide a discount for larger groups without a penalty for smaller groups or the need to pay extra for a private room. New pricing is: 2-4 people $24 per person, 5-6 people $22 per person, 7-8 people, $20 per person.
- Our start times have been adjusted to make sure only one group is in the lobby at the same time, and to allow extra time for cleaning between groups.
- We have always cleaned our rooms thoroughly between groups, and we will continue to do so. We will also be cleaning surfaces in the lobby between groups.
- We have installed barriers in the lobby as required by the Governor's Order.
- Our staff will be wearing masks at all times when in the presence of customers.
What We Ask of Our Customers
- If you are sick, have been sick recently, or are likely to have had contact with someone who is sick, please do not come to the building. Please call or e-mail and we will gladly refund your booking or reschedule for a later date.
- In accordance with Virginia State guidelines, all customers must wear a mask while in the common areas (lobby, bathroom). Masks are not required to be worn while in the game space. We will have a supply of disposable masks available if you forget yours.
- We will ask all players to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before entering the game space.
PUZZLE ROOM FAQ
What is it? Who are you people?
Puzzle Room Live is an interactive experience, often referred to as an "escape game" or "escape room". Your team will be immersed in a mysterious scenario, with only one hour to find clues, open secret boxes, and solve the puzzle. It is like starring in your own mystery or thriller movie!
Puzzle Room Live is locally owned and operated in Culpeper, VA. All of the puzzles and rooms are created by us, so you won't find them anywhere else.
The rooms last one hour. During the summer we are also open Wednesday and Thursday afternoon.
Is it physically challenging? Is it scary?
All of the challenges you will face are mental, not physical. Puzzle Room Live is handicapped accessible.
Some rooms can be spooky, but are not intended to be scary. Nothing is going to jump out at you. Also, although some of the scenarios have you locked in the room, the doors are never actually locked. You are always free to leave the room.
What time should I arrive? Should I bring anything?
You should plan on arriving about 10 minutes before your scheduled time. The puzzle will begin at the scheduled time. Because we need time between groups to reset and clean the room, we have to start the clock on time.
All you need to bring are your wits and sense of adventure. Please also bring a face mask to wear while in the lobby or bathroom. You will not need any tools, everything you need to solve the puzzle will be in the room.
How old do I have to be?
Our rooms are intended for people over the age of ten. All participants under sixteen must be accompanied on the premises by an adult.
What happens if I don't have enough people to fill the room?
All of our rooms require at least two people to complete, but otherwise there is no minimum. The maximum group size for each room is listed with the room description on the "The Rooms" page and when booking. Our bookings are private, so you will not be paired with other groups.