Due to concerns over COVID-19, we are still determining what programs and activities we will be planning. Co-op this year will probably be held outdoors at a local park. Keep an eye on the Calendar for upcoming events!
Co-op Info for 2019-20
Registration Opens: August 1st
Session 1: Sep 9, Sep 16, Sep 23, Sep 30, Oct 7
Session 2: Oct 21, Oct 28, Nov 4, Nov 11, Nov 18
Session 3: Jan 27, Feb 3, Feb 10, Feb 24, Mar 2
Session 4: Mar 16, Mar 23, Mar 30, Apr 20, Apr 27- CANCELLED
Rates for Deseret Homeschoolers Co-op:
- $10 family materials fee, plus
- $20 fee per each (non-nursery age) child, up to 3 children, plus
- $5 family nursery fee (if you have a nursery-age child)
Adding the materials fee to the fee per child gives the following totals:
- For 1 child, your registration will be $30/session
- For 2 children, your registration fee will be $50/session
- For 3 or more children your registration fee will be $70/session
- Add $5 if you have a nursery-age child
About Deseret Co-op
- Deseret Co-op will be at St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church located at 14301 Stuebner Airline Rd, Houston, TX 77069
- There are four sessions over the school year.
- Co-op classes meet on Mondays from 10am-12pm.
- Each session will offer different classes geared to children from Pre-K up to Teens.
- There is a nursery for a nominal fee.
Parents are expected to be present during the Co-op time and volunteer in some form or another.
K-2: Magic Treehouse-Ninjas
2-5: Bird Brain
2-5: Vintage Drawing
5+:Much Ado About Nothing -Shakespeare
6+: Photography 101
K-2: "Tea" Party with Beatrix & Friends
K-3: P.E. & Outside Games
2-5: Human Anatomy -Bones & Muscles
5+: Teens Only!
6+: Interpersonal Communications -Debate
A co-op is a cooperative effort led by parents, and its success or failure rests squarely on all of our shoulders. There are many ways you can help:
- Teach or co-teach a class
- Assist with managing the children of a class
- Help in Pre-K
- Help in the Nursery
After Co-op ends for the day, many of us like to gather a short drive away at Collin's Park. We enjoy our lunches together and have a chance to talk, share experiences, and get/give advice while our kids have fun playing together at the playground. The libary is also right there.