Due to Covid-19, we will be meeting outdoors for our Fall Co-op. We will have one session of 6 classes, with Holiday Parties and Field Day mixed in.
We meet on scheduled Mondays from 10am-noon outdoors at Burroughs Park.
CO-OP DATES FOR 2020-2021
Registration Opens: September 5
Fall Registration Deadline: September 9
Fall Session: Sept 14, Sept 21, Sept 28, Oct 5, Oct 19, Nov 2
Spring Session: TBD
Parents are expected to be present during the Co-op time and volunteer in some form or another.
Please remember to bring your own family's sanitation necessities, including any hand soap, hand sanitizer, masks, bottled water, etc.
Classes & Fees
Classes for the Fall outdoor session:
- No nursery: We ask that nursery age children stay with mom
- PreK: Hands-on activities, music, games, and stories
- Grades K-5: Rotations of art, nature study, and games
- Grades 6+: Photography, sports, or helper for younger classes
Rates for Deseret Homeschoolers Co-op are less this year because we are meeting outdoors. We are only charging a small fee to cover supplies in the Fall session.
- PreK: $5 per child
- Grades K-5: $6 per child
- Grades 6+: no fee
A co-op is a cooperative effort led by parents, and its success or failure rests squarely on all of our shoulders. There are many ways you can help:
- Teach or co-teach a class
- Assist in a class
- Help by walking around the classes (since we are outdoors we'll need everyone to help watch)
After Co-op ends for the day many of us like to hang around for socializing and fun. We enjoy our lunches together and have a chance to talk, share experiences, and get/give advice while our kids play.