Statement of Faith
There are many precious truths taught in the Bible over which godly men have differed in understanding. Therefore, this statement is not intended to be a complete statement of doctrine. Rather, it is a statement of beliefs that are considered to be necessary and sufficient to lay the foundation for our mutual support of each other as we bring up our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4).
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, without error, the final authority for all faith and life (2 Peter 1:20-21; 2 Tim. 3:16).
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (2 Cor. 13:14; Matt. 28:19; John 14:16-17).
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth and His atoning death through His shed blood on the cross. Further, He arose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven where He is our advocate with the Father (Phil. 2:6-11; John 1:14).
4. We believe that mankind is sinful and in need of salvation and that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for those who believe. Only those who repent of their sins and receive Jesus Christ
are born of the Holy Spirit and become children of God (Luke 24:23; John 11:25-26; Eph. 2:8-9; 2 Cor. 5:21).
5. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict mankind, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service (Acts 1:8; Rom. 8:26-27; John 16:13).
6. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning, and that is marriage sanctioned by God, which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive, covenantal union. We believe that God intends for sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (Gen. 2:23-25; 1 Cor. 7:2-5; Eph. 5:25-32).
7. We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexual conduct, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, any use of pornography or any attempt to change one’s sex, or disagreement with one’s biological sex, is sinful and offensive to God (1 Cor. 6:13-20) .
8. We believe that God is the Grand Designer and Creator of the universe and that all life is created by God. (Gen. 1:1-31).
9. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of the church, (Genesis 1:27-28; Genesis 2:18-25; Exodus 20:14; Matthew 19:3-12; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-20; Ephesians 5:22-33; Hebrews 13:4).
10. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that those individual doctrinal differences which may exist, outside of the aforementioned, should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators (Psalm 133:1; 1 Cor. 12:27; 1 Cor. 12:12; Rom. 12:4-5; Eph. 4:12-13; John 17:22).