The Lee’s Summit Home Educators (LSHE) is a Christian-based homeschool support group for families who choose to educate their pre-K through high school students. Our group is based on volunteers who desire to have a strong home school community for their families.
We typically meet on the 2nd Mondays each month at 7pm, Sept.-May, at ChristTriumphant Church (www.christtriumphant.org) in Lee's Summit, MO.
Next Meeting: Monday, May 11th
6:15 - 7pm Homeschool 411: TBA
7:15- 8:30pm Monthly Meeting: It's never too soon to start planning summer fun! Come join us as Kristina Light guides us through thrifty ways to enjoy Kansas City!
Kristina Light is editor of KC Going Places magazine, a tourism magazine for families and Digital Media Manager for KCParent.com. With a lifelong passion for exploring and enjoying Kansas City, her niche is what to do / where to go and how to best enjoy your time in Kansas City with kids. She is also the Kansas City feature story writer for KC Parent and KC Baby magazines. As a homeschool graduate and homeschooling mom to 4 girls, Kristina is always looking for budget-friendly ways to make the most of her family's local adventures.
You are welcome to visit before you join!
Yearly membership July 1st- June 30th
- Information of interest to home schoolers through our private website, newsletters, and our monthly meetings September - May. (NO December meeting - Social activity at different location instead)
- Our various groups are designed to give social and academic support through planned activities and field trips organized through our member volunteers and families
- Home School 411 classes with different informative topics each month BEFORE our monthly meetings starting promptly at 6:15-6:55 pm in the sanctuary
- Planned and organized Monthly meetings with speakers on topics relevant to homeschooling families
- HSLDA Group Discount available
- Families for Home Education's (FHE) "First Things First" CD available: $5 per CD
- Free advertising of businesses for our members for the duration of their membership
- Opportunities to help organize or participate in LSHE co-ops, clubs & activities
- Build lasting friendships, ask questions & seek direction from other home schooling families through our confidential website forum with our over 200 LSHE families!
- Annual Kids' Project Fair which allows the students to display their work/talents
- "Dads' Group" meeting offering uplifting support and direction specifically designed for them
- Organized "social opportunities" for moms to get to know each other on a more personal level
- Annual "LSHE Used Curriculum Sale" with no cost for our sellers!
- We also usually have really great treats at our meetings!
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions about our group and homeschooling on the left side-bar column of this page!
Are your meetings for children? Not typically, so children can get bored. Our monthly meetings are for the parents to attend to share & gain information, build friendships, and be encouraged. If you need to bring your children to the meetings, we ask that you help them be respectful of the building and the other members. Nursing babies are always welcome, of course! We would rather you come w/ children than miss our monthly meetings! :)
If you have any further questions AFTER reading our FAQ, please email us at:
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6