"Homeschool - Should I ?? Could I ??"
May 3 & 4, 2013
For information on vendors, schedules, speaking topics and more please see the New!2013 SECHE Conference link!
"It is the goal of our organization to honor our Lord Jesus Christ in all of our activities and to encourage Christian home educating families to home school in a manner that honors God."
A. We believe the Bible is inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that a believer may be thoroughly prepared for every good work.
Sioux Empire Christian Home Educators
Serving homeschooling families in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota area and surrounding communities.
SECHE was initiated at a meeting of like-minded home educators in March of 2002. These families desired to form a group where their belief and acknowledgment of God was an integral part of their homeschool organization. As a result, SECHE was officially started in August of 2002. It is the goal of our organization to honor our Lord Jesus Christ in all of our activities and to encourage families to homeschool in a manner that honors God.
SECHE offers a variety of opportunities to enjoy Christian homeschooling fellowship and encouragement. We sponsor an annual conference in the spring. Other activities can be viewed by clicking on our events calendar.
SECHE is an official member of the Home School Legal Defense Association and members receive a discount to HSLDA.
1. Please Cut, Copy, Paste, and Print the New SECHE Membership Plan form below. Select your choice, which will be used to narrow down an area that you can volunteer to serve SECHE. (Ignore this step if you choose the non-volunteering option at the $150 rate. Send it to the address below in #3.)
3. Send check for $40 as a volunteering member or $150 as a non-volunteering member to: SECHE, P.O. Box 90512, Sioux Falls, SD 57109. Or you can pay just the $40 rate online with Paypal by clicking on the tab "Pay Membership Online".
4. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you!
SECHE Membership Plan
We have started a new system for SECHE to operate under. We want a group that has many more things to offer, is organized, and has a vital "family" type fellowship that will help us all with our duties as parents accountable before God. This will take help from everyone in the group, just as how our own immediate families must operate. We want to improve the group in these areas: leadership organization, website, activities, methods of encouragement of members/families, unity, and fellowship among the members. This is a big project and much more time and thought will be going into the process. When you fill out the attachment form, understand that all the volunteer/benefit areas listed will become small groups/committees that will plan together and also work with the board as committees and subcommittees. This will keep a unity and organized element to it all.
“It takes everyone’s work in a ‘family’ to make it successful.”
Website ___ Parent fellowship nights ___
Field Trips/Special Events ___ Membership ______
Board ___ Conference ___
Legislative Issues ___ Mentor new member ___
1. Please choose 5 of the 9 benefits above and rank them 1-5 (highest to lowest preference with 1 being your most desired area of service and 5 being your least desired choice) You do not need experience or expertise in your selected service areas, you only need the desire to learn and serve in that capacity! We will use these preferences to come up with one responsibility assignment for each family. We need the help of everyone to ensure the vitality and viability of this organization. Print this form and send this to SECHE (address below.)
2. Register on-line at seche.org* Use PayPal through the “Pay Membership online” link or send a check addressed to SECHE to this address: SECHE P.O. Box 90512 Sioux Falls, SD 57109
____ $40 membership fee with volunteering responsibilities for 2013-14 year.
____$150 for the non-volunteering choice for the 2013-14 school year.
Do you want an experienced home school Mom to mentor you? Yes___ No___
3. Volunteering members who have not selected their service preferences by July 15, 2013 will be assigned to a benefit as organizational needs require.
4. Make sure that you also click on the “request membership” link on the website (seche.org) and fill in new or updated family info to make the membership process complete.