Bylaws of TCHE
Bylaws for Tri City Home Educators (TCHE)
adopted in 2009 (revised 2013)
Article I – Name
Tri City Home Educators (TCHE)
Article II – Mission Statement and Vision
Tri-City Home Educators was founded as a group of Christian homeschoolers needing and desiring like-minded support and fellowship.
We are, by design, a Christian group. We are not, however, associated with any denomination. Each family is to instruct their children in Scripture, in accordance with their own interpretations and convictions.
Our mission is to continue to encourage our member families in the growth of their children educationally, spiritually, and physically.
Our vision is to support families who have been called by God to home educate their children in reaching educational excellence and family wholeness.
Article III – Goals
1) Encourage new homeschoolers and support current homeschooling families in a positive way.
2) Promote a positive image of homeschooling as well as an understanding of homeschooling.
3) Provide resources to help strengthen families and their homeschoolers.
4) Encourage a Christian mindset and lifestyle among our members.
Article IV – Membership
1) Member families must sign the TCHE statement of faith; if someone other than the parents or legal guardian is the child's/children's teacher they must also sign the TCHE statement of faith.
2) Privileges of membership will be received by member families when all dues are paid in full.
3) TCHE does not allow membership by families participating in PSAH (Public School at Home) programs, including, but not limited to, K-12 and Epic.
4) The Leadership Team will determine dues annually. Dues are non-refundable after 30 days.
5) Membership privileges include access to TCHE sponsored activities, group communication, and the TCHE member website which includes a directory of membership.
6) Any claim or dispute arising from, or related to, membership in TCHE shall be settled by mediation and, if necessary, legally binding arbitration, in accordance with the Rules of Procedure of the Institute for Christian Conciliation, a division of Peacemaker© Ministries. Judgment upon an arbitration award may be entered in any court otherwise having jurisdiction. The parties understand that these methods shall be the sole remedy for any controversy or claim arising out of membership in TCHE and expressly waive their right to file a lawsuit in any civil court against one another for such disputes, except to enforce an arbitration decision. Any cost incurred shall be split between the parties as follows: 50% by TCHE; 50% by involved party.
Article V – Officers
1) Officers must meet the qualifications outlined in the Policies and Procedures for TCHE.
2) The Leadership Team will act as nominating committee and accept recommendations or volunteers from the group as part of their search.
3) In order to serve as an officer nominees must have been paid members for at least one year.
4) The Leadership Team will consist of the following officers:
The President is the principal executive officer for TCHE. This position is one of leadership and servanthood. The President should be willing to let God lead and, therefore, be dedicated to praying for wisdom in making decisions and praying for the group as a whole. The President should be organized, able and willing to delegate, accessible to members, and knowledgeable about the workings of TCHE business, activities, etc. The President will be responsible for the day to day decisions of TCHE.
This position is also one of leadership as well as servant hood. It is very important that the Vice-President be able to work well with the other members of the Leadership Team. The Vice-President will work closely with the President, providing support and help where needed by the President. If the President is unable to perform his or her duties, the Vice-President shall assume the duties of the President. The President or the Leadership Team may assign the Vice-President to other duties.
TCHE advisors on the Leadership Team will work closely with the President and Vice-President as well as TCHE members. The Advisor(s) should be able to give complete and accurate information regarding TCHE events and activities, as well as other home schooling resources, to TCHE members in a timely manner. The Advisor(s) should also be willing to help new families complete the registration process and in welcoming them to TCHE. The Advisor(s) should be willing to perform various tasks requested by the President or Vice President.
Article VI - Volunteer Positions
1) Volunteer positions will be open to all paid members.
2) Volunteer positions will be reviewed on an annual basis by the leadership team and should include, but are not limited to, the following:
a) Field Trip Coordinator
b) Father/Daughter Dance
c) Science Fair
d) Geography Fair
f) Land Run
g) Teen Formal
3) If volunteer positions are not filled, those activities will not take place until someone has filled that position.
4) All volunteer positions will be coordinated through the Volunteer Coordinator.
Article VII - Meetings
1) Membership meetings will be held two times per year (Spring and Fall) or as deemed necessary by the Leadership Team.
2) At least one member of the Leadership Team will be present at each meeting.
Article VIII – Amendment of Bylaws
1) Bylaws will be reviewed annually by the Leadership Team.
2) Any changes to the bylaws will be posted on the TCHE website and membership notified
Article IX – Dissolution
Should TCHE be dissolved, material possessions and monies shall be given to a like-minded home schooling organization after any outstanding bills have been paid. Recipient organization would be chosen by the Leadership Team.