SAFE's Statement of Faith
- The Bible, both Old and New Testaments, are God's infallible Word, written by men inspired by the Holy Spirit. They are our supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice. (II Timothy 3:15-17; II Peter 1:21)
- God has existed from all eternity in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16-17; John 14:16) God the Father is perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, and measureless in power. He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; He hears and answers prayer; and He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh being fully God and fully man. We believe He is God's only begotten Son, born of a virgin, and sinless in life. We also believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension into Heaven, His high priestly intercession for His people, and His personal, imminent, and visible return to the world according to His promise. The Holy Spirit came forth from God to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, baptize, comfort, and seal forever those who believe in Jesus Christ.
- All men are sinful by nature and choice and therefore deserving of God's just condemnation. (John 3:18)
- Jesus Christ's death on the cross is the atoning sacrifice which provided for the payment of man's sin debt. (Hebrews 10:8-10; I John 2:2; Romans 4:25)
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to sinners. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trusting in any personal works, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone. (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; I John 1:9; II Peter 3:9; Titus 3:4-7)