The 2015 YHSA Homeschool Expo
This one day Expo gives our members a chance to get together while they shop and share ideas. Those who are considering homeschooling have the opportunity to mingle with the local home schooling community and learn about this wonderful lifestyle. Non-members of YHSA will be able to learn more about our organization and the opportunities that we offer.
The 2015 Expo will take place on March 21, 2015 at the York Expo Center in Horticultural Hall - 334 Carlisle Ave, York, PA 17404. It is $3 per family and will be open to the public from 12:00 pm until 5:00 pm.
Click on the links below or visit the appropriate pop-out menu to learn more about the activities available to you at the 2015 Expo. Note: The YHSA Booth information page is only available to YHSA members.
Thank you and we hope to see you in March!
Valerie Wickard and Brenda Schmid - 2015 Expo Organizers
- Vendor Booth Information
- Enrichment Booth Information
- Used Curriculum Booth Information (Now available for non-members!)
- YHSA Booth Information (YHSA Members Only)
- Business Sponsorships
- Expo Speakers
- Childcare will be offered this year
- Internet Connection is available - click the link for the order form.
- It is $9.95 per user login.
- The deadline to order and pay is March 14.
- Email the form to Marcia Hallman - firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need LAN Connections, use the phone number at the very bottom of the form - deadline for LAN is March 7.
- Free Notary Service - We are pleased to announce that Covenant Insurance will offer free notary service at the 2015 Homeschool Expo. Bring your affidavit!
- The Hampton Inn is offering a discounted rate for anyone attending our Expo. Use the link below or call the hotel and say that you are coming in for the "YHSA Homeschool Expo at the York Expo Center." The discounted rate for that weekend is $94 a night plus tax.
- Hampton Inn, 1550 Mt. Zion Rd., York, PA 17402
- NEW - Floor Plan available for the Expo - Feel free to print this layout and bring it with you to the Expo. There will be a map of the room at the Expo.
- Volunteers Needed - YHSA Members Click Here for more information.
Highlights from 2014
2014 Vendors included Primerica Financial Services, Piedmont International University, Julie Inch - Notary Public, Harvey Cedars Bible Conference, Shirts on the Spot, Usborne Books, Keystone Christian Academy, Brickz 4 Kidz, Homeschool Drama Camp, The Art Institute of York, Christian School of York, Teaching Textbooks, Pensacola Christian College, KDO Academy, Alice - Your Money Coach, BJU Press, Just Learning Educational Toy Store, A Beka Books, K12 Inc and Classical Conversations.
Other learning and non-profit groups included FACE and CHAMP home school co-ops, the YHSA Curriculum Closet, the YHSA Library, the York County Library System, two Boy Scout troops, a Cub Scout pack, a Trail Life group, and lots of our YHSA Small Groups.
As always we featured workshops about Home Schooling in PA and How to Home School High School, and we had our members speak on preparing students for life beyond high school.
In addition we were able to offer child care and member registration/renewal services, and everyone got the chance to buy used curricula at great prices. If you couldn't join us in 2014, we hope you will plan to join us in 2015.
Directions and Expo Entrance Information
The Market Street (gate 4) and Carlisle Road (gate 9) entrances will be open for the Expo. After you enter the fairgrounds look for signs pointing the way to “Horticultural Hall”. It is located closer to the Carlisle Road entrance. If you have trouble finding the building, call 717-841-4611.
From 83 take route 30 west to the PA-74 exit toward Carlisle Avenue. Turn left onto PA-74 South/Carlisle Road. The entrance will be 1.1 mile on the right. Inside the gate turn left and follow the driveway to the Horticultural Hall parking lot.
For more specific directions go to http://www.yorkexpo.com/index.html and click “Directions”.