Why Join HCHA
1. Encouragement from others. Support keeps us going.
2. Email chain. Valuable information through daily email.
3. Homeschool advice. Current information on testing, registering with the state, high school requirements.
4. Field trips. Offered through our members and the community.
5. Enrichment classes. Offered in the fall and spring. Something for all ages.
6. Socialization. Enrichment classes, park day, soccer, many other HCHA events.
7. Sports. Information from around the area on soccer, baseball, football, ballet, fencing, etc.
8. Resource Room. Access to books, videos, curriculums and conference tapes.
9. Care Committee. Assistance to HCHA families in need through meals, childcare and cleaning.
10. Parent Meetings. Information on testing, curriculum, methods and an opportunity to meet other HCHA families.
11. Fall Family Picnic. Food, games, fun and more food!
12. Thanksgiving Feast. Families gather to eat some known traditional foods and play games/activities that the Pilgrims might have played.
13. Christmas Craft Day. Children can make inexpensive crafts for themselves or as gifts.
14. Valentine Skating Party. Free to HCHA members. Skate and exchange valentines.
15. Talent Show. HCHA students share piano, violin, guitar, poetry, drama and much more.
16. Science, History and International Fairs. Children have the opportunity to create a Science Fair project and participate in competition. Families together create projects to share at the History and International fair.
17. Nursing Home Ministry. Community outreach. A chance to give back.
18. Music teachers and tutors. Many of our members offer music lessons or tutoring. HCHA high school students make great tutors.
19. Group testing. California Achievement Test in the spring.
20. Yearbooks. Families make their own pages. High school students create the yearbook.
21. Graduation. A day to remember. Ceremony and reception for our grads and their families.
22. Heart to Heart. Monthly meetings to offer support and encouragement to homeschool parents. Hosted by HCHA families.
23. Mentors. The opportunity to have an experienced homeschooler offer advice and support.
24. Special opportunities. Many businesses and local programs offer special discounts and times for HCHA members.
25. Friendship. You are not alone in your decision to teach your children at home. HCHA will be there for you and your school.