1. How much does membership to HCHA cost?
2. What is included in my HCHA membership?
- Encouragement from others. Support keeps us going.
- Email chain. Valuable information through daily email. Opportunities to buy and sell curriculum, childrens items, etc.
-Homeschool advice. Current information on testing, registering with the state, high school requirements.
- Activities designed to meet the needs of homeschool families.
- Enrichment classes. Offered in the fall and spring. Something for all ages.
- Resource Room. Access to books, videos, curriculums and conference tapes.
- Parent Meetings. Information on testing, curriculum, methods and an opportunity to meet other HCHA families.
- Graduation. A day to remember. Ceremony and reception for our grads and their families.
3. What is the participation requirement?
HCHA offers many great events throughout the year. We need everyone to play a part so the events can happen and happen well. Our participation requirement was designed so that no one gets lost in the cracks as our group grows. When you join HCHA, you sign up to participate in an event. When you sign up to participate, you agree to help in the planning and execution of the event. Participation is not simply attending the event. Each HCHA event has a coordinator that acts as a liason between the event and the HCHA Board of Directors. Coordinators delegate to participants in the execution of the various events.
4. What does it mean to be a coordinator of an event?
Coordinators are in charge of delegating responsibilities when it comes to planning and executing an event. Coordinators act as a liason between the HCHA Board of Directors and the participants of the event. Coordinators are responsible for managing the budget, calling planning meetings, and communicating the details of the event on the HCHA email loop.
Coordinators also agree to bring any concerns about HCHA policies directly to the HCHA board, instead of discussing them with others, especially in a group setting.
Coordinators agree that IF they have any personal concerns or disagreements with another HCHA member, they will address those specifically with that member in a Biblical, one to one manner. If the issue seems to difficult to discuss privately, they will let the HCHA board know so that steps can be taken in a non-threatening, but effective, way to address the issue. ?
**Coordinators can find their team of particpants by clicking on "Participation Fulfillment" on the left sidebar of the homepage of the HCHA website**
5. How do I sign up for an event?
When logging onto the HCHA website, click on calendar (right sidebar of the home page). Find your desired event, click on it, and follow directions for sign ups.
6. Why does teaching Enrichment Classes not count as participation?
Enrichment Classes are not a drop off program. Parents are required to participate in some capacity to make classes happen.
7. What are the consequences for not fulfilling the participation requirement?
If you do not participate in an event for HCHA, your membership will be parked until the issue is resolved. A parked membership results in not receiving communication via the email loop and not being able to attend HCHA events.
8. What events and activities are offered throughout the year?
*Events are dependent on group interest and designation of a coordinator*
Fall Family Picnic, Heart to Heart, Thanksgiving Feast, Teen Christmas Party, Valentines Skate Party, Childrens Craft Market, Field Day, Talent Show, Father/ Son Campout, Nursing Home Ministry, Project Fair, Spelling Bee, Geography Bee, International Night, History Day, Science Fair, Standardized Testing, and Field Trips.