Statement of Faith Document
1. God alone is sovereign, and the Bible alone, in whole and in part, is His inerrant and inspired Word and the final authority (Matthew 5:18, 2 Timothy 3:16-17).
2. There is only one true God co-existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Isaiah 44:6, Matthew 28:19, Ephesians 4:4-6).
3. Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God who was born of a virgin and lived among men without sin as a perfect man and perfect God. The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through His substitutionary death on the cross, the successful accomplishment of which for man’s sin through His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection. He is man’s only provision for salvation. (1 Timothy 2:5-6) as each person receives the gift of His atoning blood (Luke 1:26-35, John 1:14).
4. The local church, next to the family, is God’s main instrument through which He intends to carry out His work in the world. Although the members of this group attend a variety of churches, we recognize that we are all part of the larger body of believers. We are committed to unity in Christ and to respecting each other’s personal faith and beliefs, not promoting our own or any denominational doctrine. (Romans 15:5-7)
5. Our activities must never weaken the scriptural convictions of another Christian (Romans 12:2, 14:16-22, 1 Thes. 5:22). Words spoken to another must be in harmony with God’s word when reproving or restoring a Christian sister or brother (Galatians 6:1, 1 Thes. 5:14, 2 Timothy 2:24-26).
6. We understand *”family” to mean one male and one female, legally married with or without children (Genesis 1:26-28), although we recognize the exception of a single parent, adopted, foster and step children or grandparents (James 1:27). We reject homosexual marriages or homosexual orientation because it is contrary to Scripture and the intentions of God in creation (Romans 1:18-32), and we believe that such relationships are destructive to children and very idea of family. Further, we reject transitory, co-habitational relationships as being equally in violation of God’s laws and incapable of providing the long-term nurture and instruction needed by children and commanded by God (Proverbs 1:8-9, 2:1-11, Colossians 3:21 and Ephesians 6:4). In view of this, no homosexual or merely cohabiting “parents” are eligible for membership.
7. We believe that the ultimate responsibility for education of children belongs to the family* (Deut. 4:9; 6:1-5, Proverbs 22:6). Thus we believe this is an inalienable right given by God which the state cannot create, destroy or alter. Families may allow another to teach cognitive information that children need to know, but all education must be under the ultimate control and supervision of the family*.