Statement of Faith
STATEMENT OF FAITH
This is a link to show you where we stand in our homeschool group. All families with faith in "GOD" are welcome to be a member in our homeschool community.
1. The Bible is the only inspired and infallible Word of God and is the final authority for what we believe and how we strive to live. (2 Tim. 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-21, Matt. 5:17-18) (We do not believe the Book of Mormon shares this status; that it would actually be an addition to the Bible which is prohibited in Scripture.)
2. There is one God, who has eternally existed in three persons - Father, Son & Holy Spirit. God is the creator and sustainer of all life. (Deut. 6:4. Gen. 1:1-2, 2 Peter 1:17, Heb. 1:3 & 1:8, Eph. 1:11)
3. Man was created in God's image to glorify God and enjoy fellowship with Him. Because of the sin of Adam, man is separated from God and all men are sinners by nature and by choice. (Gen 1:26-27, Rom. 5:12-14, Eph. 2:1-3, Rom. 3:10-19)
4. Jesus Christ was God come in the flesh - fully God and fully man. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life serving others, died as the final sacrifice for our sins, was buried and rose physically from the dead. He ascended into heaven where He intercedes for those who accept His free gift of salvation through faith alone, resulting in good works. (John 1:1-3& 14, Matt. 1:20-25, Heb. 10: 11-14, I Cor. 15:3-11, Acts. 1:9-11, Heb. 7:25, I Thess. 4:13-18, John 5:21-24)
5. The Holy Spirit convicts those who need salvation and teaches, guides, equips, and enables God's people. (John 16:8-15, John 14:26, Titus 3:5, I Cor. 12:4-11, Acts 1:8)