Our mission is to promote and support the benefits of parent directed education.
- the community by acting as a clearing house of educational information through our resource center, newsletters, social media and website.
- the general public about the diversity of private, parent directed, tutoring, individual discipleship and other customized forms of education that may fall under the heading of home schooling or private schooling in Texas.
- interested parents by directing them to local home school and special needs support groups for support and encouragement
- parents and educators academically by providing orientations, workshops, testing, co-ops activities designed to support their educational needs.
- social community
- good citizenship and civics
- leadership training and development through sports programs, student council, etc.
It is a God-given, constitutional right of parents and others legally responsible for their children to direct their education. The parents or legal guardians are responsible for the mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing of their child. In doing so they may avail themselves to whatever help or tools that they deem necessary to achieve that end.
The primary purpose for FEAST, a non-profit Corporation is to serve, honor and glorify God by taking appropriate steps to unify and focus the home schoolers and home school support groups in the South Texas Region. Also by promoting the benefits and Biblical basis of home schooling; and by taking such other action which is necessary or appropriate to promote home schooling or asist those engaged in home schooling or those interested in home schooling.
Galations 6:2, 1 Timothy 1:5
- We believe the Holy Bible, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of man, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- We believe in one infinite, true God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the true God and the true man, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Having lived sinless, He truly died and was resurrected in His own body for our atonement and resurrection.
- We believe that only through His death by the shedding of His blood and His resurrection are we provided justification and salvation.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all mankind; of the believer to an everlasting dwelling with God, of the unbeliever to an everlasting, conscious hell without God.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe in the imminent, bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Promoting and supporting parent directed education.