Option 3 Accountibility Groups
To home school legally in South Carolina, you will need to be involved with one of three options (see http://schea.net/start-homeschooling/ a list of the options).
Here is a list of Option 3 Accountability Groups that many TCHE members are using.
Foothills Accountability Association
- Kim Williams, Administrator
- PO Box 351 Seneca, SC 29679
- Phone: 864-972-2460
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.scfoothillshomeschool.com
- Our group serves Oconee, Pickens, and Anderson counties. Membership dues are $30.00 per year. Additional $5 fee per student for high school students—$20 fee if student is a high school senior. A $10.00 discount is given to members of Tri-County Home Educators support group. Our group offers accountability provided by member volunteers. All members must bring a plan book, portfolio, and progress report to two “check-off” meetings annually, in January and May. Check-off meetings are held in the Seneca and Clemson/Pendleton areas. We also offer a $10.00 discount to members who attend the SCHEA convention during the summer of the same homeschool year.
- Melissa Bone, Administrator
- West Union, SC
- Phone: 864-784-4106
- Email: email@example.com
- Our group serves Oconee County residents only. Membership fee is $20 per year, per family. Members must attend a check-off meeting in January and bring a plan book, portfolio and progress report as outlined in the SC state homeschooling law. Email or call for a brochure and application.
Grace Homeschool Association in Florence, SC.