F.A.I.T.H Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the purpose of F.A.I.T.H.?
The Purpose of F.A.I.T.H.
1. To represent the Homeschool community in a manner that honors Jesus Christ.
2. To provide educational field trips, group activities and family socials for our children.
3. To provide an atmosphere for exchange of teaching techniques, curriculum information and family life.
4. To keep the group informed of any pertinent Homeschool current events such as seminars, conferences community news and legal issues.
5. To promote family unity in homeschooling.
6. To welcome all family members to our group activities and meetings.
Q. What happens at a meeting?
Nursery is provided at each meeting for all children ages 4 & under.If a child is uncomfortable with staying in the nursery, they are welcome to sit quietly with their parent in the meeting. A student activity is planned for ages 5-12 each month. Teens (13 and up) will be participating in "Dave Ramsey for Teens" class. The first half hour of our meetings are spent going over field trip announcements and matters of business and prayer. The children are then dismissed to their planned activity. One hour later, the adult topic is wrapped up and there is time for approximately 1/2 hour of time afterwards for casual fellowship.
Q. What other activities are available outside of the meetings?
Each year we have 2 of the following events: Science Fair, History Night, Geography Night, ans Literature Night. We believe that fellowship is one of the strong points of our group. The months of Dec and April are strictly for fellowship and it is our aim to have an additional fellowship opportunity each month outside of the monthly meeting whether it is a date night for adult couples or an activity for the whole family! Fields trips are scheduled monthly.Members are encouraged to help in this area. If you plan to attend a field trip, please sign up on the F.A.I.T.H. website before the published deadline.
Q. Is there any mandatory participation in planned events?
All participation in events is voluntary with one exception. All adult members are required to volunteer to help out either in the student activity area or nursery at least once during the year. The activities will already be planned and volunteers are simply asked to facilitate the planned activity. A sign up list will be available at the September meeting.
Q. What is the age requirement for attending a field trip?
Unless otherwise specified, all ages are welcome. A parent must attend with their child unless arrangements have been made with another parent ahead of time.