I certify that my child is home educated and that we have read and agree to abide by the JRHSF's Resolutions/Guidelines (see below) regarding behavior and dress of players, and we have read and agree to the Release of Liability (also below). I also give JRHSF permission to use photographs taken of my child throughout the season to be used in publications related to the James River Home School Foundation. I hereby release the host gym and any and all parties concerned with the James River Home School Foundation Eagles’ Co-ed Recreational volleyball from any liability resulting from injuries or damage during all sessions.
Co-ed Volleyball Resolution and Guidelines: Resolution: Our desire is to fulfill the Great Commandments -- to love God and love people. It is our goal to provide a fun, wholesome, and safe environment for home-schooled teens while employing positive peer pressure and accountability in regard to the consideration and edification of others, which includes, but is not limited to: common courtesy, common decency, appropriateness and modesty. (Matthew 22:37-40; Romans 14:19; I Corinthians 8:9; 10:23-24; Ephesians 5:1-4; I Timothy 2:9)
- Clothing worn will be modest. All players must wear their James River Eagles t-shirts. Basketball-type shorts are recommended. Shorts should be knee length or longer. No spandex or compression shorts allowed unless worn under regular shorts. This will be enforced.
- For safety reasons, players agree to not wear jewelry, with the exception that girls can wear stud earrings.
- Players will respect the authority of coaches, assistant coaches, referees, and chaperones and refrain from teasing, criticizing or rough physical contact.
- Players agree to show respect to others’ belongings, including the gym facilities.
- Due to space and supervision limitations, only registered players and their parents can be present on the premises.
Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
By registering my student(s) to play for the James River Eagles we acknowledge our agreement to the following RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT: IN CONSIDERATION for being permitted to enter the premises and participate in any event, we hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS, AND ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR, AND RISK OF, BODILY INJURY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF James River Home School Foundation, their members and managers, promoters, other participants, operators, officials, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of the premises used to conduct the event and each of them, their officers, directors and volunteers, herein referred to as “releasees,” from all liability.
We further agree, acknowledge, and certify that he/she: has adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage that may be caused at any event; has no medical or physical conditions which would interfere with his/her participation in any event; understand that the events could be dangerous and involve the risk of serious bodily injury, death, or property damage; understand that the agreement is as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of Virginia; and that registration to participate with the James River Eagles, indicates that the above TERMS and CONDITIONS have been read and voluntarily agreed to. (1 required)