STATEMENT OF FAITH NON PDF
Revised June, 2011
CHET-SE Statement of Faith
Christian Home Educators of Tucson-Southeast (CHET-SE) is first and foremost an organization offering fellowship to encourage and equip one another in effectively training our children. This Statement of Faith is provided to each family interested in becoming a member.
In accordance with CHET-SE By-laws, members shall believe, agree with, and affirm by signature the CHET-SE Statement of Faith and the CHET-SE By-laws and shall refrain from propagating any beliefs or ideas in contradiction to this Statement of Faith. Members must sign the Statement of Faith without amendment or additions to be eligible for membership.
- We believe the Bible to be the only God-inspired, infallible, supreme, and final authority for all faith and life.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord, Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that people were created in the image of God, but fell into sin and are therefore lost, and only those who are born of the Holy Spirit are saved from their sins.
- We believe that salvation is a gift of God’s grace and we do not trust in personal works, but only in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.
- We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict individuals; and to indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to everlasting blessedness and joy with God, the lost to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord, Jesus Christ.
CHET-SE Statement of Membership Eligibility
In accordance with CHET-SE By-laws, and Arizona Revised Statutes Annotated 15-802. School instruction; exceptions; violations; classification; definitions. I certify that I (we) home school (use parent directed, parent funded materials to educate) at least one child. I understand there is a set of CHET-SE events in which the non-homeschooled children in our family may not participate, such as Spelling Bee, Geography Bee and Science Fair, due to the official rules of those events.
I (we) do NOT have a legally recognized homeschooled child in our home, but our family is eligible for membership in CHET-SE (grandfathered in accordance with CHET-SE By-laws). I understand that there is a subset of events in which non-homeschooled children may not participate, such as Spelling Bee, Geography Bee and Science Fair, due to the official rules of those events.
AZVA/ K12/ Virtual Academy/ Charter School is public school, and as such, not eligible for membership. Please refer to CHET-SE By-laws.