JBAB Home Educators guidelines:
Annual membership is from July 1 through June 30.
1. There is an annual membership fee of $30 due within 2 weeks of submitting this membership form. If not received you will have to resubmit a request. (Members who sign up after January 1 of the current school year are only required to pay $15 for the remainder of the year.) (Paypal is available for a fee of $1.50. i.e. $31.50 before Jan. 1 & $16.50 after Jan. 1)
2. Returning members must let the JBAB HE board know they will be continuing their membership by checking the appropriate box on the Edit Profile page by June 1st. The membership fee for the upcoming year must be received by July 1 in order to continue membership.
3. I understand e-mail and the JBAB HE website is the primary method of communication so checking e-mail and the JBAB HE website regularly will keep me up-to-date on important notifications, events, activities, and information.
4. I agree to keep all my information to include my address, phone number, email, child(ren)'s age and grade current at all times.
*The only persons who can view the age and grade of your children and the adminstraion.
5. I understand membership in JBAB Home Educators means Every Member Participates (EMP) and I willingly volunteer to share my passions and skills by teaching a class, leading a field trip, organizing an event, or scheduling an activity.
*The focus of JBAB Home Educators is individual home school families. They make our group strong. One of the ways they do this is volunteering to share their passions through such undertakings as a teaching a class, leading a field trip, organizing an event, scheduling an activity, filling a board position, or coordinating a seasonal party. Member participation is vital to keeping BAHE dynamic. JBAB HE members are required to earn 4 EMP points a year. These 4 EMP points are defined as 12 hours of volunteer service to BAHE through activities such as mentioned above or other activities approved by the Board. Each 3 hours of service equates to 1 EMP point. As each member is active through the year they are individually responsible for keeping track of their own volunteer hours. Log on to your account at www.jbabhe.com, go to Publications/Articles, and download the EMP log to keep track of your family’s volunteer hours. In December and March just log in and click EMP Log for Dec and Mar and fill out the box with the information. Once submitted it will automatically be emailed to the EMP coordinator. They will collect the information, update the family membership to reflect the number of EMP points earned based off of the volunteer hours, and help direct members to areas where they can be of service if needed. (See Constitution Article 4, Section 1:3 and Section 2:4)*If your family signs up after January 1 then only 2 EMP points or 6 hours of volunteer service is required for the remainder of the year.
6. I agree to be respectful of others in my speech, actions, thoughts and attitudes, choice of apparel and in addition ensure my family members will follow this standard as well. This includes email and the website.
I have read, understand, and will comply with all JBAB Home Educators guidelines.