"Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD." Psalm 34:11
Welcome to the public page of the Bartlett Wolfchase Homeschool Support Group!! We are a Christian support group open to anyone who is currently homeschooling grades Kindergarten and up.
Our goal is to encourage you in your homeschooling endeavors by offering once a month meetings at which we plan activities for the upcoming month, disseminate information about opportunities in the community, and meet with other parents for encouragement and exchange of ideas and techniques.
Activities offered by our group include field trips, holiday parties, President's challenge, and end of the year achievement testing. Achievement testing is offered only for the children of those who are active members as of November of the current school year. Other requirements apply to be able to participate in testing. Membership in the group is required to participate in the activities; however, anyone is welcome to visit one of our monthly meetings.
Purpose of our group:
1. To represent the homeschool community in a manner that honors Christ.
2. To keep the group informed of any pertinent homeschool current events such as seminars, conferences, and legal issues.
3. To provide an atmosphere for exchange of teaching techniques and curriculum information.
4. To provide family socials, educational field trips, and group activities for children.
5. To promote public awareness of home education.
*** If you are a new homeschooler and are in need of immediate assistance, please feel free to contact our New Homeschooler Coordinator:
Libby Underwood - 901-482-9850, or LibbyUnderwood@bellsouth.net