Welcome to the New River Valley Christian Home Educators website!
We are believers and followers of Jesus Christ in the New River Valley of Southwest Virginia. We have been blessed by our Creator God with the gift of children and the institution of family. We have been taught and reminded that our children's development and education is in large part our God-ordained parental responsibility. We have chosen, through many and various methods, to educate our children within the confines of our family jurisdiction. We have joined together to mutually encourage and, if necessary, to assist one another in the education of our children to the glory of God.
Our purpose is:
- To encourage those who are educating their children at home.
- To provide a source of information to those who are considering home education.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of practical ideas and information relating to the training and education of children.
- To provide a network for sharing the specialized skills and knowledge of individuals within the collection of parents educating their children at home.
- To aid parents in their understanding of and the exercising of constitutionally guaranteed rights and provisions of Virginia Law.
- To provide a forum for the collection and dissemination of information concerning political developments that relate to home education in Virginia and other states; to foster awareness of the political process and developments that impact education.
Save the dates for these upcoming events:
Mens' Breakfast for Encouragement / Fellowship
Saturday, March 28th, at home of Damon Thompson
Sign Up Here
Moms' Night Out for Encouragement / Fellowship
Monday, April 27th, at home of Megan Carver
Check the calendar for more information