Teams will be set based on the age of your player on September 1 of the season. Please see below for the ages for the ages of the teams:
- 10U for players ages 8 – 10 on or before 9/1
- 12U for players ages 11 – 12 on or before 9/1
- 14U for players ages 13 – 14 on or before 9/1
- 16U (Junior Varsity) for players ages 15 – 16 on or before 9/1
- 18U (Varsity) for players ages 17 – 18 on or before 9/1
On rare occasions, individual players will be evaluated to play above their age group upon the requests of the coaching staff and consent of their parents. No player will be evaluated to play below their age.
Tryouts for are held in late August. Click the Tryouts link for detailed information. Insurance requires that parents complete an online Medical Release and Authorization Form in order for their child to be allowed on the gym floor. Parents are encouraged to stay and watch tryouts.
The fees for the 2017-2018 season are listed below.
|2017-18 Player Fees|
|* Uniform Rental Included
The 10U & 12U programs will pay for a reversible jersey, new this year - total estimated cost $40-45. The uniform will consist of a reversible team jersey and matching shorts that parents will purchase separately.
All fees are paid at registration. Registration will be Saturday September 9th. Discounts will be available for check or cash payments received at our practices Tuesday August 15th &/or Thursday August 17th. Click the Registration Information link for detailed information.
Practices normally begin the second week of September and end the first week of March. Practices are twice a week on Mondays/Tuesdays and Thursdays for all teams.
Gym locations are usually in schools, recreation centers and churches in the Clear Lake, Pasadena, and Friendswood area.
The season’s games are usually from the 1st week in November until the end of February. Individual teams may also participate in our National Christian Home School Tournament in Springfield, Missouri in mid-March.
We play public schools, private schools, and other home school programs all over the Houston area. Games can be any night of the week, but are most likely on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday. Games may be in Galveston, Woodlands, Conroe, Katy, inner Houston, or the Clear Lake area. We also have a few out-of-town tournaments. We encourage carpooling.
Our home games are held at the San Jacinto College basketball court at their South Campus on Beamer Road. Some home games may also be held in the Friendswood area depending upon availability.
No guarantee, but could be in the range of:
- 18U plays 30-40 games
- 16U plays 20-30 games
- 14U plays 20-30 games
- 12U plays 15-25 games
- 10U plays 10-20 games
The teams participate in a few out-of-town tournaments. Your registration does not cover all tournament fees, and you will need to budget for hotel, gas, and dining out costs.
- Our 18U, 16U, 14U and 12U teams participate in two out-of-town tournaments, which are usually overnight stays.
- All teams except Girls 10U will participate in the National Christian Home School Regional Big South Tournament in February in Fort Worth/Mansfield.
- Individual teams may participate in the National Christian Home School Tournament in Springfield, Missouri in mid-March and 6 – 7 nights in a hotel are necessary.
Unless you are specifically notified, you should show up with BOTH uniforms 30 minutes before game time. This 30 minute period is used to dress, stretch, and review the coach’s strategy.
The head coach will choose 7 to 13 players for the roster. The roster will be finalized one week prior to your first game.
Yes. Fundraisers are a necessary activity each year to cover our practice gym and tournament costs. CHSA's fees are lower than most homeschool sports organizations in Houston, and in order to remain as such, all players will be required to participate in our fundraising activities.
- We will have 2 organization-wide fundraisers that all players are required to participate in.
- We will obtain business sponsorships for our current season t-shirts. Players will be required to assist soliciting sponsorships.
- Our families participate in our Shopwithscrip.com program by buying prepaid gift cards for various retail businesses to earn money for their registration fees and for CHSA.
- We also raise funds through Kroger’s Community Reward Program. When families link their Kroger Rewards card with CHSA’s registration number, CHSA receives a quarterly donation from Kroger based on the total purchases made.
- More details are on our website under Fundraisers.