HERI Library Opening for 2019/20 Year
Date – Time
August 15, 2019
– 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Eastport Baptist Church
1322 Eastport Road
Jacksonville, FL 32218 US
The HERI library will be opening on August 15, 2019.
Always, check the HERI calendar to ensure the library is open
as it is volunteer run. It is not open on holidays.
During the library hours of operation, our volunteer librarians (who are also homeschoolers) are available to assist you with any homeschooling, testing, or curriculum questions you may have. If you have a need that does not fit the normal library hours please email HERIjax@yahoo.com or contact us HERE.
Anyone may come and browse around the library to view the material we loan; however,
Only members may borrow:
Your HERI membership card will be required for proof of your current annual HERI membership.
To print your membership card, log into your HERI account (top right hand of the screen) à About Us à HERI Members à Membership Card.
- Curriculum – we have curriculum for all grades
- Reading books
- CDs and DVDs
- Games and Manipulatives
- Selected Science Equipment maybe used in the library only
The curriculum may be checked out from AUGUST to MAY for the entire period without renewal. Other materials have a 3 month check-out time during the August to May time period and must be renewed if needed longer. Extensions for the summer may be granted with approval from the head librarian.
All library material has been donated (including the wood for our bookcases). If you would like to donate material to our library, please stop by during library hours or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a drop off time. You can also contact us HERE.
We can always use librarian volunteers to help inventory our material. Students in 9th through 12th grade will receive community service hours. If you are interested in volunteering in our library, please email: email@example.com or you can contact us HERE.
Upon checking out resources you agree to:
- Take care of the borrowed resources: no writing, highlighting or marking in them.
- Return or renew them by the scheduled due date. Items may be renewed two times and may be done so via email. Over the summer renewals are allowed with permission from the librarian and must be communicated prior to the end of the school year date in May.
- Pay any late fees or lost book fees as assessed due to neglect.
Fees will be assessed as follows:
- $.50 per resource, per day late fee (Monday and Thursday)
- Cost to replace lost or damaged book
You have the option to replace a lost book with the same book or a more current version of the lost book
The HERI Board may decide to deny future membership or privileges for failure to comply with this policy.
These policies are subject to change at any time with HERI Board approval.
The library collects Box Tops. We appreciate any you bring in!
The library collects old eye glasses for missions in the Philippines.