How Does CHET-SE Facilitate Student Connections?
- Fellowship Fridays - We offer a weekly opportunity for family fellowship time at the park.
- P.E. - Our weekly program for ages 4 up through grade 12 at the park is run by parent volunteer coaches.
- K-2nd Playgroup - K-2nd graders & their families meet twice a month at alternating parks to show others the love of Jesus through learning, games, and free play
- 3rd-5th Grade Service Club - 3rd-5th graders and their families meet monthly to combine service projects with fun connecting time.
- Field Trips - Educational field trips around Tucson and surrounding areas are coordinated through the year.
- K-5th Holiday Parties - Special holiday parties are planned for Valentine’s Day & Christmas.
- Youth (grades 6-12) - Class representatives and elected officers plan activities for CHET-SE youth on a monthly basis. These activities include various parties, game nights, and service opportuities.
- Middle School Girls “All God's Girls” (grades 6-8) - Monthly social activities are planned to foster relationships among girls ages 11-14.
- Middle School Boys (grades 6-8) - Monthly social activities are planned to foster relationships among boys ages 11-14.
- High School Girls "ALWAYS God's Girls" (grades 9-12) - Monthly social activities are planned to foster relationships among high school age girls.
Member Connections & Mentoring:
How Does CHET-SE Facilitate Member Connections?
- New Member Mentoring - Our New Member coordinator is available to help new members make connections.
- Moms' Night Out - Moms meet once a month at different locations/restaurants for an evening of fun and fellowship.
- Family Activities - CHET-SE offers a variety of activities for the whole family, including a Family Picnic, Old-Fashioned Family Social, Water Day, and PE Kick Off.
- Member Care - This ministry provides an opportunity to bless our fellow CHET-SE families with a meal or other assistance during a significant life event such as illness or the birth of a baby.
- Renew & Refresh Tea - At this annual half day retreat, moms are treated to a time of tea, fellowship, and spiritual encouragement.
- Secret Sister - Encourage your assigned secret sister through notes or small gifts, all the while keeping your identity hidden until the end-of-year reveal party.
Teacher Resources & Services:
What Kind of Resources & Services Does CHET-SE Provide for Homeschooling Parents?
- Library - A large assortment of homeschooling materials can be checked out at the park. A list of books can be found on the member portion of this website.
- Used Curriculum & Craft Fair - CHET-SE organizes and hosts a one-day fair in June where members and non-members can sell and purchase used curriculum and other items.
- God’s World News Magazine - A CHET-SE member coordinates the distribution of GWN, a magazine that “delivers ready–made opportunites to practice critical thinking in the context of academic-real world-subjects.”
- Grand Canyon University Alpha Program for dual credit - LINK
- Blessing Table - At this informal exchange under the park ramada on Fellowship Fridays, members bring any yard sale-type items they would like to get rid of and also take whatever they can use.
- Standardized Testing - In the spring, there is an opportunity for your children grades 3 and up to participate in the Iowa Test of Basic Skills.
- Discounts - Some businesses in Tucson offer discounts to homeschoolers who show a current CHET-SE membership card.
Academic Activities, Fairs & Bees:
What Kind of Academic Activities Does CHET-SE Offer/Facilitate?
- Spelling Bee - In January, CHET-SE hosts a city-wide homeschooling bee which funnels into the county, state, and national Scripps competition.
- Geography Bee - A geography bee is held in November for children in the 8th grade or below.
- Geography Fair - Families present and display what they have learned about various countries.
- Youth Seminar - An annual career day held in March features guest speakers and demonstrations to give students exposure to a wide variety of career and future options.
- Youth Community Service - Students plan monthly opportunities to assist various organizations and individuals.
- Yearbook - A parent coordinator, with the assistance of student and parent photographers, creates a pictorial record of the CHET-SE year.
- Graduations (Kindergarten, Jr. High, & Sr. High) - Academic milestones of completing Kindergarten, Jr. High, and Sr. High are marked with special graduation ceremonies.
- Talent Show - Students are offered an opportunity to share their gifts & talents.