Statement of Faith
Is HSCF a good fit for you and your family?*
Members are required to read & agree with the following:
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and is my supreme and final authority.
- I believe there is one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- I believe our Lord Jesus is the Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit to Mary, a virgin. He died on a cross. The shedding of His blood was the atonement for my sins. I believe He was raised from the dead and ascended to heaven - where He is my advocate at the Father's right hand.
- I believe in the personal and literal return of Jesus Christ for His Church.
- I believe Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven and that a person must receive Him as their Saviour and Lord.
- I believe in life after death - either in heaven or in hell.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- The goal of the Association is to serve as the unifying body for Christian Homeschools and share its personnel and resources to the best possible advantage of all.
- The objective of the Association shall be to encourage and edify this God-ordained system of education that is distinctly Christian.
We believe that:
- God is the source of all truth and this must be the unifying principle in education.
- Christian parents should have the option of quality home-centered education for their children which is distinctly Christian.
- The ultimate aim of Christian home education is to develop the abilities of the individual in order that he or she might fulfill God's will and make a positive contribution to the Church and society.
*HOME SCHOOL CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP members come from many different church affiliations, united in this 'Terms of Service' based on Biblical principles and historic Christianity. If you decide that HSCF would not be a good fit for you, please feel welcome to continue using the public pages of our website, including emailing us if we can be of assistance. Other options for local homeschool support may be found on Facebook & Yahoo groups (e.g. AHEA, SHiNE, HLSA, CHAT, Ed-Chen, Edmonton Homeschoolers, Alberta Homeschooling, etc.), in addition to the support offered by each homeschool board as listed on our Resources page.
Thank you for taking time to consider HSCF!