Statement of Faith
Faith Homeschool Co-op (Faith Co-op) operates as a Christian ministry and makes decisions from the ethical and moral standards established in the Bible.
Faith Co-op does not require members to sign a statement of faith. Our co-op is evangelistic in nature, meaning it is open to all homeschooling families. Only teachers and leaders must sign our Statement of Faith.
Our Statement of Faith includes only those truths upon which all true Christians agree. It concerns the Person and Work of Jesus Christ (the Gospel) as revealed in Scripture. It is the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 2, Eph. 4:5) which distinguishes believers from non-believers. This is not a statement of all that is important to believe, but of all that is essential to believe for Christian fellowship and unity within Faith Homeschool Co-op. (Rom. 15:7)
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God, and of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. We believe that there is one living and true God, an infinite, intelligent Spirit, perfect in all His attributes, and one in essence but eternally subsistent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the fall of man; although originally created in the image of God, through the disobedience of Adam, man fell into a sinful and spiritually impotent state, totally unable to justify himself before God.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is the express image of the invisible God, which is to say He is God; that He became man, yet without sin, being conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary; that He died on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for sin; that He arose from the dead in the body in which He was crucified; that He ascended into heaven in that body glorified, where He is now, our interceding High Priest; and that He will return again personally, visibly, and gloriously.
5. We believe that salvation is wholly of God, by grace; that God in love gave His only Son to die on the cross for sin, thus procuring the redemption of those who come to Him; and this salvation is not merited in any way by man; that God commands men everywhere to repent of sin and believe in Christ; and that this salvation is eternal in its duration and results in good works.
6. Jesus said, "Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?” (Matthew 19:4-5)