Homeschool Co-op Benefits
Benefits of a Homeschool Co-op
There are many advantages and benefits of attending a well organized co-op. A co-op offers many outlets for homeschooling parents and children.
- It gives students the opportunity to understand, be able to function, and benefit from working successfully within a classroom environment; which is an important skill if the student is a college bound student, and also to be able to work within a work environment in a group setting.
- At a co-op you are able to draw on the expertise of other parents
- Students are able to learn from someone else and be able to adapt to different teaching styles.
- Students receive the added benefit of direct instruction on a weekly level.
- Some subjects are best taught in group settings, or more fun to be taught in group settings; such as art, drama, music, and P.E..
- A co-op provides opportunities for children to make new friends.
- A co-op provides opportunities for homeschool parents to make new friends.
- Children develop stronger characters because they are interacting with people and learning within different settings.
- A co-op is a great opportunity to teach younger children how to share, to give others turns answering questions, to learn and show respect to other people.
Becoming involved in a homeschool co-op is a great deal of work and normally a full or half day time commitment. However, it is very rewarding and a lot of fun for all involved.