Theta Pi Chapter of the Eta Sigma Alpha National Honor Society
information regarding the Theta Pi Chapter of the Eta Sigma Alpha National Homeschool Honor Society. Students in grades 8th-12th, and who meet the following requirements are eligible to apply:
- A 1 page typed essay written by the student specifying why being a part of the honor society is important to them (only read by sponsors and not others)
- 1 letter of recommendation by a nonrelative adult
- Homeschool instruction at least 50% of the time
- 3.0 GPA average, based on submitted portfolio work, online coursework, co-op grades, etc.
- Active participation in the honor society by attending all meetings and completing service and research projects
- Submission of a test score, no older than 1 year - examples - Iowa - composite 90%, Stanford composite 90%, some other type of online testing score
Honor Society Requirements:
- attend once a month meetings to be held on the first Thursday of each month, beginning in October of each year, and running til March (more than likely during lunch period)
- complete 2 service projects each semester - service projects have to be approved by sponsors before they can be completed
- complete 1 research project per semester - research projects must be approved by sponsors before than can be completed
Yearly dues - $40 per student (dues will cover the chapter renewal fees each year, Eta Sigma Alpha certificate, t-shirt, etc) Dues are due the beginning of October of each year.
Honor Society Sponsors - Kim Dean & Tracey Esplin
For all those interested in participating, please put an application packet together with the above outlined items, and turn them in to either Kim or Tracey, NO LATER, than the last Thursday in September.
Thanks and we are looking forward to offering an awesome honor society at the co-op!