T.E.A.C.H. Member Statement of Faith
- The entire Bible (in its original autograph) is the inspired word of God.
- Jesus is the incarnation of God. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, redeeming death, resurrection from the dead, and His ascension into Heaven.
- God is three-in-one and one-in-three: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. See Matthew 3:16, 17 and 28:19.
- All have sinned (Romans 3:23) and deserve death, but God's gift is eternal life (Romans 6:23). This gift is freely given when we place our faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 10:8-10). When we receive Jesus as Lord and Savior, we are 'born again' (John 3:36), and will therefore receive eternal life, while those who reject Jesus Christ will receive eternal punishment (Matthew 25:46, Revelation 20:15, and 21 :8)
- The Holy Spirit actively works to empower the believer to live a holy and godly life. (Ephesians 3:16)
- Jesus Christ will personally return. See I Thessalonians 4:13-18 and Acts 1 :11.
We do not accept the teachings of any individual, group or cult that denies the deity of Jesus Christ or that denies the Trinity, that is, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit and who will not accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. We cannot accept any attempt to elevate man or anything above, or to the level of, God (or a god). We affirm that Jesus is the one true God (John 1:1) and that there is but one God (Exodus 20:2-6).