To apply for Membership,
Download Application HERE.
Please print a single-sided copy and complete in entirety.
Note: Our Full Membership application period runs from January 1st through April 1st for the following school year. Applications submitted outside of this period may still be considered based on class availability, but may also be returned. Re-application is encouraged during the next open enrollment period.
Two membership options are available at MEC - Full or Associate.
Full Membership – Members pay a much smaller per family rate, but must fulfill more requirements. A member must:
- Contribute to teach/help during each Tuesday at MEC. (See top of class schedules for more detailed requirements.) Note: First year members are not eligible to teach.
- Agree to undergo the background checks that are required under PA State laws.
- Choose either to participate in the moms’ lunch or to opt out of it. Those who choose to participate must provide lunch (or parts thereof) for the other participating moms once each year, or pay a fee for someone else to provide it.
- Clean the facilities one time each year, or pay for someone else to clean for you.
- Attend the February planning meeting and the September business meeting. Occasionally the board may call additional meetings that you should attend if possible.
- Remain current with tuition payments.
- Commit to arriving on time. Tardiness places an unnecessary burden on both the student and the teacher and may incur additional fees.
- Become familiar with the MEC Policy Manual and agree to abide by it.
- Sign and uphold MEC’s Statement of Faith.
Associate Membership – An Associate Member must:
- Remain current with tuition payments. (see PM page 12 and MEC fees page on the website)
- Commit to arriving on time. Tardiness places an unnecessary burden on both the student and the teacher and may incur additional fees. (see page 5)
- Register your family on the private side of our website. This is where members can find your contact information. You are also responsible to keep it updated throughout your membership.
- Become familiar with MEC policies and agree to abide by them.
- Sign and uphold MEC’s statement of faith.
- An Associate Member parent with a student younger than 8 years old must remain on the premises the entire time the student is in class for a two week trial period to determine if the child will thrive in the classroom setting without mom present. Younger siblings may accompany mom during this trial period. If the child does well, the Associate Member parent is free to leave the premises. After the trial period, parents of younger mobile children should refer to the Lobby Fellowship part of the Policy Manual on page 5.
- Adult Associates are welcome to join other moms in the lobby for fellowship while their children are in class, but should remain in the lobby area and use only the single visitor restroom located in the hallway behind the church office as state law mandates.
Because each classroom space can only hold so many students, there is no guarantee that an Associate Member student will be able to take a particular class.