Heritage Home Scholars of Greeneville
Heritage Home Scholars of Greeneville is a Christian home school organization.
Heritage Home Scholars is a non-profit corporation operating as a 501(c)3. The purpose of Heritage Home Scholars of Greeneville is to serve, encourage, and support Christian homeschooling families. This includes families who are anticipating homeschooling, families who are currently homeschooling one or more of their children, and families who may no longer be homeschooling but are still interested in ministering to homeschooling families.
(These form the basis of our beliefs about home education)
As Christian parents:
- It is our God-given right and privilege to home school our children
- It is our responsibility to provide excellence in home school education.
- It is our desire for our children to know, love, obey and glorify God.
1. We believe that the Holy Scriptures, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, are fully inspired by God and are therefore infallible in the original writings and completely trustworthy in all areas in which they speak. They are therefore the supreme, unmediated, and final authority of faith and practice for every believer. (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
2. We believe there is only one eternal, almighty, and perfect God. Within the Being of this one true God exist three eternally distinct and coequal Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three Persons are the one true God. (Mat. 28:19, Eph. 4:4-6, 2 Cor. 13:14)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (John 1:1-4; Matt. 1:23; Phil. 2:5-11; Heb. 1:1-4 & 4:15; Acts 1:11 & 2:22-24; 1 Cor. 15:3-4, Matt. 25:31)
4. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. ( Gal. 5:16-18; Rom. 8:9)
5. We believe human beings were created in the image of God yet through the fall of Adam that image of God in humanity has been defiled, although not eradicated. Every human being is estranged from God because of their descent into sin. The desperate need of humanity is forgiveness of sins and consequent restoration of fellowship with God; yet humans remain totally unable to atone for and restore themselves. (Rom.3:22-24, Rom. 6:23)
6. We believe Jesus’ death on the cross provided penal substitutionary atonement for the sins of humanity. In salvation we are rescued from God’s wrath by His unmerited grace through faith in Christ. (2 Cor. 5:21, Eph. 2:8-10)
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (Rev 20:11-15; 1 Cor. 15:51-57)
8. We believe the Christian church, which is the body and bride of Christ, is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit. Corporately and individually, its members strive to worship, serve, and glorify God through prayer and praise, diligent study and application of the Scriptures, evangelism, sanctified living, good works, and observance of the rites of baptism and the Lord’s Supper. The ultimate mission of the church is the discipleship of all nations – not only the sharing of the salvation message (which is primary), but also bringing the gospel to bear on every aspect of life and thought – until the Lord returns. (Gal. 3:28, I Peter 2:5, II Peter 2:5-8, I Cor. 11:23, Matt. 28:19-20, Rom. 12:1-2)