Homeschool High School to College
All About Resumes
Purpose of a College Resume:
1. As competitiveness rises, the resume is a way for colleges to get a succinct view of relative
strengths and weaknesses of a candidate.
2. Answer the questions what will the student contribute to the university.
3. Highlight special abilities and leadership or different activities.
4. Show the candidate as a multidimensional person. Colleges are interested in what excites or motivates a student.
5. The activities grid on many college applications doesn't necessarily show your student to the best advantage.
Goals of Well Organized Resume:
1. Be willing to brag a bit about your child. Brag to show depth, diversity and leadership.
2. Tell a story that shows your student's passion and commitment.
3. Clear/User Friendly presentation
4. Rich in detail, exhaustive, utterly "unique" picture
· How long involved in activity
· How many hours per week and weeks per year
· Leadership positions
1. 3-4 pages finished form
2. Include name, SSN on every page
3. Decide on a format that works for you keeping it clear and user friendly.
· Extracurricular Activities
· Honors and Awards
· Community Service
· Summer Experiences
· Employment and Internships
· Hobbies and interests
· Education is unusual
Here are some websites that can assist in writing your student's resume.
Google : High School resume templates and high school resume samples for college.
Free Resume Builder website: