Statement of Faith for Members in Leadership Positions
The purpose of the following Statement of Faith is not to impose a regulated religion on the membership of West Florida Home Education Support League, or its leadership. Its sole purpose is to insure that current and future leadership base decisions and actions, that represent WFHESL, on biblical principles that honor Jesus Christ. Members in a leadership position within WFHESL will be required to sign the following Statement of Faith. Leadership positions include, but are not limited to: elected and appointed board positions, cell / group leaders, leaders of regularly scheduled WFHESL events such as Science days, and WFHESL hosted events such as kindergarten and high school graduation ceremonies. Any additional positions will be at the discretion of the current elected board of directors.
These principles are not meant to expressly include or exclude any specific Christian denominations. They are broad enough to include all Christian faiths that have a foundation on Jesus Christ as the one and only Son of God, and narrow enough to exclude many of the sects and cults that do not recognize Him as such.
It is not mandatory that general members of WFHESL sign the following, but they are welcome and encouraged to do so if they wish. While WFHESL does not intend to include religious services in its regularly stated meetings, we do reserve the right to open with prayer, and make reference to the Christian faith freely and openly.
Members outside the Christian faith are welcome at any WFHESL function. However, agendas will not be altered or the discussion of any Christian faith related topics will not be infringed upon by members of any other faith present.
Statement of Faith of West Florida Home Education Support League
1. I believe the Bible to be the infallible word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
2. I believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
4. I believe man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and therefore is lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone can be saved.
5. I believe that salvation is a gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty for man's sin.
6. I believe Christ has already done everything necessary by his death to remove our sins and make us holy from God's point of view.
7. I believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convince man, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
8. I hold as belief and conviction that children are given by God as a stewardship to the parents and not the state. I believe that parents are ultimately responsible for their children's education, and that parents have the ability and authority to teach and educate their own children.