Branches Class Day Guidelines & Standards
GUIDELINES & STANDARDS
- Branches is a cooperative program. All member families must do their part to help Branches succeed. Member families must sign up for the appropriate amount of job credits. All member families must have at least one on-campus job. A job that is off campus can be done for the maximum amount of 3 job credits toward parent job requirements.
- Branches is not a drop off program. A responsible adult must be present to care for your child(ren) at all times. In an emergency or unusual situation, like illness, you can have another parent care for your child. Otherwise, all parents are expected to stay on campus at all times.
- All member families must sign up for volunteer jobs to participate in Branches. Each location has different requirements for the type and number of volunteer jobs needed. All volunteering adults must have successfully completed a background check through the company recommended by Branches; have read and agreed to abide by the Statements of Mission, Faith, and Education, the Guidelines and Standards, and the Code of Culture; and be approved to work at Branches.
- Parent jobs must be covered at all times. If a floater is needed to cover a parent job, then you must contact the floater coordinator on your campus.
- A floater can be used up to four times a semester. If a parent is missing more than four times a semester, they must find their own replacement with friend or family member that have successfully completed a Branches background check; have read and agreed to abide by the Statements of Mission, Faith, and Education, the Guidelines and Standards, and the Code of Culture; and be approved to work at Branches. As a cooperative it is imperative to fulfill your parent job requirements.
- All floaters are needed each week. They are required to check in and respond to floater coordinator via text or in person for each hour they are signed up to work. If a floater is missing more than four times a semester, they will also need to find their own replacement, with friend or family member that have successfully completed a Branches background check; have read and agreed to abide by the Statements of Mission, Faith, and Education, the Guidelines and Standards, and the Code of Culture; and be approved to work at Branches.
- Class fees must be paid by the due date. Failure to pay, or make special payment arrangements, by due date will result in membership suspension. Member families with a remaining balance will not be allowed to register for the next semester’s classes. Special payment arrangements cannot be made to extend payment past mid-semester.
- Parent teachers, assistants, and floaters must show up, be on time, and remain in the classroom for the entire class period.
- Students must show up on time and remain in class for the entire class period. If a student needs to leave, they are required to get permission from the teacher before they do so.
- Parents need to monitor their children when not in class.
- Volunteering member teachers must fill out the teacher application form in order to teach a class at Branches. To maintain the integrity of our mission and Christian identity, all teachers must affirm in writing that they desire to further the mission of Branches, their personal beliefs are consistent with the Statement of Faith, and they will act consistently with the standards set forth in the Guidelines and Standards and Code of Culture.
- Children are encouraged to wear the Branches t-shirts.
- Branches does not have a formal dress code, however all private areas must be covered.
- Biting or aggressive behavior in class will not be tolerated. If you have a child that has issues with biting or aggression, that child will need to have a one on one aide to help them. The parent will be responsible for finding the aide.
- Cheating, stealing, bullying, drug use, profanity, obscenity, sexual immorality, personal appearance or conduct contrary to one’s biological sex, dishonor to the Word of God, disrespect to the leadership of the group, or continued disobedience to the established standards of this group will not be tolerated.
- Branches is a nut-free campus.
- Please stay home if your child is sick and has any of these symptoms:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher within the last 24 hours.
- Signs of possible severe illness such as uncontrolled coughing, difficulty breathing, wheezing, persistent crying, or lethargy.
- Vomiting within the last 24 hours.
- Rash that has been accompanied by fever or behavior change.
If a member family does not follow these guidelines, they may not be able to return to Branches the following semester.