WHEAT Statement of Faith
Section 1. Preface
Our statement of Faith includes only those truths upon which all true Christians agree. It concerns the Person and Work of Jesus Christ (the Gospel) as revealed in Scripture. It is the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 2, Ephesians 4:5) that distinguishes believers from non-believers. There are many other precious truths taught in the Bible over which godly men have differed in understanding. Therefore, this is not a statement of all that is important to believe, but of all that is essential to believe for Christian fellowship and unity (Romans 15:7).
Section 2: Statement
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God, and of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. We believe that there is one living and true God; an infinite, intelligent Spirit, perfect in all His attributes, one in essence but eternally subsistent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the fall of man; although originally created in the image of God, through the disobedience of Adam, man fell into a sinful and spiritually impotent state, totally unable to justify himself before God.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is the express image of the invisible God which is to say He is God; that He became man, yet without sin, being conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary; that He died on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for sin; that He arose from the dead in the body in which He was crucified; that He ascended into heaven in the body glorified, where He is now, our interceding High Priest; and that He will return again personally, visibly and gloriously.
5. We believe that salvation is wholly of God, by grace; that God in love gave His only Son to die on the cross for sin, thus procuring the redemption of those who come to Him; that this salvation is not merited in any way by man; that God commands men everywhere to repent of sin and believe in Christ; and that this salvation is eternal in its duration and results in good works.
6. We believe that God created mankind after His own image in two distinct, immutable, complementary genders, male and female. God ordained the institution of marriage to consist of the union of one man and one woman.