What are the Benefits of a WHEAT Membership?
WHEAT is fundamentally about relationships, linking homeschooling families from across the area to build a network of support. Towards that aim, WHEAT seeks to offer:
- The Moms! We have a wonderful group of moms—connect with us. We’re excited to walk beside you in this homeschool journey.
- Near the beginning of the traditional school year, our kick-off picnic for the entire family celebrates the beginning of an fresh new start!
- WHEAT publishes an encouraging, regular newsletter, the WHEAT Home Companion, that includes feature articles written by our members.
- Regular gatherings for Moms called “Heart to Heart” with fun nights and serious topics.
- An annual Mom’s Retreat centered around relevant topics with praise and worship, delicious food, and time to share our homeschool journeys with each other.
- Our winter talent show (WingDing)- fun for the whole family in which our children may showcase their developing talents.
- Interesting and informative field trips
- An End of the Year celebration
- Field Day
- Access to members-only website pages with a directory, interactive forum, classified ads, and helpful links.
- A network to reach the area homeschool community; the opportunity to find out about clubs and activities, or offer one yourself!
- WHEAT members receive a 20% discount on HSLDA memberships (Homeshool Legal Defense Association).
As with any organization, the more you involve yourself in the activities of WHEAT, the more you benefit. WHEAT is not a co-op or social media group; it's real people connecting together in relationship on this homeschooling journey.