Home Educators for Excellence (HEdFEx) (referred to herein as “we,” “us” and “our”) sponsors a Scrip Program which allows you to purchase scrip. The scrip you purchase through our program generates rebates from participating retailers.
Eligibility – must meet one of the following in order to participate:
- Are a current member and/or have a child registered for a class during a current or upcoming term
- Are earning on behalf of an eligible beneficiary family (eg. a grandparent earning rebates to benefit a grandchild). The earner will have no claim to these rebates. All rebates earned in this manner will be added to the beneficiary’s balance and the beneficiary will have the right to use the rebate as if they had earned it themselves.
- Do not have a child currently registered, but are earning for future registration (additional restrictions on rebate usage apply, see below)
Using the Rebates - Scrip rebates may be used as follows:
- If you have a balance due, your scrips balance will be applied to your HEdFEx account.
- If your account is paid in full, you may request a cash out check: at the end of Semester 1, at the end of Semester 2, or upon leaving HEdFEx. We do not issue refunds automatically. If you leave HEdFEx, you must request a check in writing or by email within two weeks after your last active semester. After that point, rebates will be moved to the Hedfex general fund for the benefit of all members.
- If you are earning rebates under eligibility clause 3 (for future registration), rebates may only be applied toward HedFEx class and membership fees. No cash out checks will be issued. If no purchases are made for 6 months, your account will be deactivated and any accrued balance will be moved to the HEdFEx general fund for the benefit of all members.
Payment & Fees
- Payment must be received before your order can be processed.
- Please enroll in PrestoPay (secure payment from a checking account), as it is the primary way of paying. www.shopwithscrip.com charges a small processing fee for certain forms of payment. This is disclosed before checkout. Checks are accepted only in special circumstances, such as very large orders. Check with the scrip coordinator before placing a check order.
- Shipping – The shipping for plastic gift card orders will be deducted from the rebates earned. It will be divided between all participates purchasing on that order. Our Scrip Coordinator groups orders together in order to avoid high shipping costs.
- A $1 processing fee will be deducted from the amount of any cash out check.
If your status changes, and you are no longer eligible for the HEdFEx Scrip Program, your scrip account will be deactivated. This does not affect any orders already released by the coordinator but closes the account to any new orders. Should you again become eligible to participate, your account can be reactivated by contacting our Scrip Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your account is setup, you will be given access to view your balance online. Your balance will be viewable by all other Hedfex Scrip participants, but will be identified only by an assigned number, not your name.
I have read, fully understand, and agree to the conditions of this agreement.