1. Read the Guidelines below.
2. Check the "Agree" box at the bottom of the Guidelines and fill out the Captcha.
3. Click the Submit button. (You will be taken to an external website to complete registration and pay for your tickets)
Code of Conduct & Dress Code
The HCS Formal Committee wishes to express our heart’s desire for each student
attending the Prom to have a wholesome evening of fun and fellowship, while
ensuring that God is glori?ed and honored. These guidelines are not meant to
burden, but rather to set boundaries that will allow all to enjoy the freedom we
have in Christ.
If you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Taylor (334-797-2846) or
Melissa Bonnette (256-201-9383).
Codes of Conduct
Please read and sign the following:
1. Public displays of affection are not permitted. This includes kissing,
caressing, extended embracing, sitting on laps of opposites sex, etc.
2. Dance etiquette is expected. This means no provocative movements of any
kind. While slow dancing, please keep appropriate distance between dance
partners. Leave room for Jesus please.
3. All students must remain in the building until the conclusion of Prom unless
their parents give PRIOR permission for them to leave early. Once a student
leaves the building, he/she will not be allowed to re-enter.
4. No alcohol, drugs, or weapons of any kind will be permitted.
5. Attendees must be between the ages of 14-19 and if attending as a date
couples must be of the opposite sex.
• Undergarments must be covered
• Clothing must be free of any symbols or words
• Any body piercings must be removed except for girls earrings (clear spacers
• Tennis shoes may not be worn
• Tuxedo or dress suit are required (jacket required, pants and jacket must
• Neck tie, bow tie, or bola are required
• Collared, button up shirt is required
• No jeans with sport jacket
• Formal gowns are required and expected to be modest. Please consider
Christ when selecting a dress.
• Long gowns are preferred, but short gowns are acceptable. Short dresses
must sit no more than 2 inches above the knee or lower.
• Slits are acceptable as long as it does not rise 2 inches above the knee.
• No cleavage showing. (Use the palm pilot test. Place thumb in dip of
collarbone. If there is skin under showing under palm, too low.)
• Strapless gowns are acceptable. (Remember, you will be moving around.
Make sure your dress will stay in place!)
• Backs of dresses may be no lower than the bottom of the shoulder blades.
Midriffs must be covered, even when arms are raised. No see-through cut
• Fitted dresses are acceptable as long as they are not too tight. (Once again,
remember you will be dancing. You will want to be able to move!)
Girls must submit a full-length, front and back picture of themselves wearing their
dress. Any questionable feature should also be included in the photo. No student
whose dress has not been approved will be allowed to attend Prom. Email dress
photos to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put student name
and church school cover name in subject line. If not under a homeschool cover,
please put your name and the name of the student who has sponsored you in
subject line. If emailing picture for a friend, please include their direct contact info
in body of email.
HCS reserves the right to deny entrance to any student, male or female, whose
attire does not meet the above stated requirements.
HCS Prom Conduct and Dress Code Guidelines
- I have read, understand and agree to the HCS Prom Code of Conduct and
Dress Code. I will submit a picture of my dress (in applicable) and make
appropriate alterations if necessary.
- I understand that on the night of the Prom, I am to wear the same attire that
- I understand if my attire does not meet the HCS Prom Guidelines on the
night of the event, I will not be permitted to attend.
- I understand that if my behavior does not follow the Code of Conduct my
parent will be asked to come pick me up and I will not the allowed to return