Standardized Testing Information
BEECH Homeschool Community
is pleased to offer Standardized Testing Services
to its Members and the
Homeschool Community in Forsyth County and Surrounding Areas.
For Spring 2017, the Stanford/OLSAT Standardized test
will be offered to ALL Grades between 3rd and 12th.
GA Homeschool Law requires Mandatory
National Standardized Testing only in grades 3, 6, 9 and 12.
- We wanted to be able to offer either the OLSAT or the COGAT to help parents better assess their child's learning abilities and achievements.. Unfortunately, the latest Iowa Form E is not yet available to homeschoolers with the COGAT.
- The Iowa test is more common core aligned than the Stanford.
- The Stanford test is untimed. Students often perform better without the stress of a timed test.
- The OLSAT portion of the test is OPTIONAL.
- All Testers with BEECH are official approved Testers through BJUPress.
- Testing includes the GA mandatory subjects of English, Reading, Math, Social Studies and Science
Test Dates, Time and Location:
- Testing will be done on May 30, 31 and June 1, 2017.
- Students must arrive at 9:45 a.m. and testing will begin promptly at 10 a.m.
- Testing takes approximately 2 hours per day plus breaks.
- Grades 3-8 takes approximately 5-6 hours to complete and a total of 3 days
- Grades 9-12 takes approximately 4 hours and a total 2 days.
- Parents need to pick their students up NO Later than 1 p.m. every day.
- The OLSAT will be given on the last day - all grades may test together for the OLSAT.
- Testing will occur at CFAF (Christian Fine Arts of Forsyth) 1479 Ventura Drive, Suite B, Cumming, GA 30040.
- BEECH will have privacy at the CFAF building - no music classes, etc will be going on during test times.
- Students will be tested in a group setting.
- Students will be separated out in different rooms by appropriate grades that can be tested together.
- 3rd grade
- 4-6th grade
- 7th and 8th grade
- 9-12th grade
- For the listening portion each grade will be done separately.
- Private testing and special testing accommodations for students are not available.
Testing Information and Cost:
- All tests must be ordered and purchased by the parent on www.bjupress.com by April 25, 2017 according to the directions provided by BEECH in your registration email confirming your child has a spot testing with BEECH.
- Parents are responsible for ordering the Correct Grade and Level Test.
- Tests ordered after April 25th may not arrive in time for the BEECH test dates.
- Tests ordered after April 25th may require you to pay 2nd day air shipping to arrive in time - 2nd day air costs $30.
- Please use the following Test Administrator # when ordering exams 77650210
- Test booklets and answer sheets will be mailed by BEECH back to BJUPress for grading.
- Your test results should be delivered to your email within 30-45 days of your test being completed.
- You are the ONLY one that gets copies of your child's test results.
- BEECH members do not have to pay a proctoring/tester fee.
- Nonmembers will be charged $20 for the 1st child testing, $10 for the 2nd child testing and $5 for every additional child in the family testing.
- Postage for returning exams is included in your Proctoring/Tester fee.
- Stanford tests cost:
- 3rd grade Stanford $39
- 3rd grade Stanford/OlSAT $58.50
- Grades 4-12 Stanford $29
- Grades 4-12 Stanford/OLSAT $48.50
- Stanford previews for parents are also available for purchase and cost around $5
If you are not a BEECH member, but are interested in testing with BEECH,
Please fill out the Standardized Testing Registration Form on the Website Here.
More information on the OLSAT and Stanford tests:
The Otis-Lennon School Ability Test® (OLSAT) is offered only in combination with a Stanford Achievement Test. It provides separate scores for both verbal and nonverbal reasoning/learning abilities.
The OLSAT® will assess developed reasoning and problem-solving abilities important for learning. When the combination tests are given, the results will allow the parent/teacher to compare the student's ability with his actual school achievement. Combined testing is recommended once about every 2–3 years. The approximate testing time is 3–6 hours for the complete battery of achievement tests and 1 hour for the OLSAT.
Why you should take the OLSAT (cognitive test) with the Stanford:
The Ability or aptitude tests attempt to measure one’s cognitive reasoning abilities. They help you know “how” information is learned, (while an achievement test (Stanford) tells how much someone has learned). A cognitive ability or aptitude test measures how well a student can process information and solve problems, and demonstrates capability for learning and predicts future academic success.
- Measures verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal (also referred to as figural or spatial) abilities.
OLSAT - exactly 40 minutes of working time. (The total testing time with instructions and a break is approximated at around 60 minutes.)
The Stanford contains:
A Lexile Measure is included for Grades 1–12.
- Word study skills
- Reading skills/ comprehension
- Social studies/science
- Norm-referenced scores: scaled, grade equivalent, stanine, and percentile rank
- Graphed achievement percentiles
- Content cluster skills evaluations
- Skills performance ratings
- Score interpretation brochure
You can click HERE to find an example of a Stanford student report