All About Us
Admission policies, Class schedules, and Idaho Homeschool Law info are linked at the bottom of the page.
Our mission is to encourage, support, and build-up a community of Christian homeschool families.
- We are a network of families united in our love for Christ and our calling to home educate our children.
- We are not a Church; however, we are a ministry. We cannot replace the function of a local church body.
- We are comprised of families from various denominations and backgrounds. We focus on common views, see Statement of Faith, rather than differences.
- We are not a School. Co-op is designed to enhance rather than replace a family’s home education program.
- We do not judge differing philosophies of education, curriculum, support mechanisms, etc. held by individual families. We entrust these decisions to each family, providing support and guidance when requested.
- Our policies and rules are for creating an environment of safety, respect and order. We entrust each parent to cheerfully supervise their children accordingly.
- We function as a co-operative effort. As such, each family should be motivated by love to serve the Co-op and each other diligently and cheerfully.
- We acknowledge that we all have limitations, weaknesses and blind spots. We strive to build others up rather than tearing down. Ephesians 4:28, Proverbs 15:1.
- Co-op leadership is a volunteer effort. We are motivated by faith to serve Christ and a love for His body. We are ever-growing, ever-striving, and we welcome insights, corrections, and suggestions, packaged in love and gentleness.
- We will make every effort to live at peace with one another, Romans 12:18.
- The Board has the authority to prayerfully remove anyone or any family from the group at any time and for any reason.
- We recognize our greatest ministry is through Word and deed to the children placed into our care. To the best of our ability, ALL decisions are made for the best interests of the children.
Statement of Faith
Revelations: A Fellowship of Homeschool Families Co-op is a Christian organization, but is not tied to any particular denomination. We have multiple churched represented in our membership. We adhere to the following statements as unquestionable. All members must agree to teach in agreement with the Statement of Faith
- The Word of God - The Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God (II Tim. 3:16-17; II Pet. 1:21).
- The Trinity - There has existed in all eternity three co-equal Persons; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. There are no other Persons in the Holy Trinity (Deut.6:4; II Cor. 13:14; Jn. 1:1-2, 14).
- Jesus Christ - That Jesus Christ has come in human flesh being both fully God and fully man, except without sin.
- The Cross - That Jesus died for our sins and rose again from the dead so that all who come to Him in repentance and faith can have eternal life in heaven.
- Salvation - Every person is in violation of God's righteous requirements and His holy character by nature and in act. (Rom. 3:23, 5:12, Eph. 2:1-3). Salvation is given as a gift, free to every sinner. This gift must be responded to by faith, not by works. Only in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone is sanctification made (Acts 13:38-39; Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8-9)
The Board of Directors meets monthly for prayer and planning. These meetings are always open to anyone who would like to attend, with prior notification and approval. Meeting date, time and location is communicated through email and our website calendar. The Board prayerfully oversees every area of the Co-op together although each member has a specific role within the team.
Action teams are how we get things done at co-op. All moms are asked to sign-up and serve on at least 1 action team for the full year. You may change action teams from year to year.
- Field Trips
- Front Desk
- Hot Lunch Helpers
- Mom's Night Out
- Presentation Night
- Snack Bar
- Teen Nights
- Worship Team
Extra Curricular Activities
We provide many enrichment opportunities beyond the Co-op classroom. Some of these activities may include field trips, service projects, fellowship time for Junior and Senior High schoolers, Mom’s Night Out, Presentation Nights, fundraisers, yearbook, and more. Extra-curricular events sponsored by Revelations Co-op are subject to the policies and approval of Co-op. All activities that are not Co-op sponsored must indicate that information when publicized.