EarthSchool was created in 2011 by a group of inspired and passionate families who wanted to build an inclusive community for Maine's homeschoolers. That vision has grown into a 100+ family community of vibrant and varied homeschoolers and unschoolers. Our families meet across Maine in two campus locations during our school year and enjoy outings and activities together throughout the summer.
EarthSchool of Southern Maine meets on Thursdays in Gorham, in the fall, winter, and spring. We welcome all homeschooling and unschooling families who are looking to find an inclusive, energetic, and supportive community. ESSM is a cooperative effort, and all members help to teach classes, organize activities, and maintain our building.
What you can expect at EarthSchool of Southern Maine:
- A large inclusive, non-faith, homeschooling "co-op" (collective), filled with many vibrant and diverse people that are supported by membership participation and a shared learning environment.
- A safe, focused, challenging, passionate, interactive, supportive learning atmosphere for the children of ES and their families.
- We meet from October to May for a fall, winter & spring session, 1x a week on Thursday from 10-3.
- Most classes are one hour long with two classes in the morning an hour break for lunch followed by two classes in the afternoon.
* Membership responsibilities include serving on a committee and volunteering (as specified in the membership guidebook) to ensure our year runs smoothly.
If you would like to learn more about our community, please visit our FAQs.
If you have more questions to be answered, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If you want to join please Request Membership.