Become a Member
Want to become a member family? This is what you can expect:
- A large inclusive, non-faith, homeschooling "co-op" (collective), filled will many vibrant and diverse people that are supported by membership participation and a shared learning environment.
- A safe, focused, challenging, passionate, interactive, supportive learning atmosphere for the children of ES and their families.
- EarthSchool of Southern Maine meets from October to May in Gorham, 1x a week on Thursdays from 10-3.
- EarthSchool of Midcoast Maine meets from October to May in Midcoast, 1x a week on Tuesdays from 10-3.
- Most classes are one hour long with two classes in the morning an hour break for lunch followed by two classes in the afternoon.
* Membership responsibilities* include serving on a committee and volunteering (as specified in the membership guide) to ensure our co-op runs smoothly.
- Each member family will be required to volunteer at least 2 hours per week. Volunteer opportunities include: teaching a class, assisting in a class, serving on a committee, assisting with set up & clean up.
- We have a zero waste policy and offer recycling and composting.
- We maintain a website. Once registered, members have access to our private forum where important information and updates are shared.