MEMBERSHIP Info And Statement Of Faith & Purpose
MEMBERSHIP IN THE RACINE AREA HOME SCHOOLERS
Membership in RAHS is available to any homeschooling family, which meets RAHS' homeschooling definition and membership criteria, and is interested in our organization. With your membership you will become linked to other member families through the website and be able to participate in all of the groups activities and events.
Our calendar year begins each August. Members are required to update their membership form and pay their membership dues each year to keep their membership in good standing.
To become a member family of RAHS, you will need to complete a Membership Form online, and mail your annual dues payment to the Post Office Box address, pay online with PayPal or bring it to the August monthly meeting.
Once you complete or update your membership form and annual dues payment have been sent in or paid, you may click on the New User or Member tab on the website menu and complete the online form to receive further information and approval for access to the website's private member pages. If you are a current paid member, you should see no interuption in your website access. Please contact the Web Admin if you are having any issues.. Member families that are not current with their annual dues will not be able to log in.
RAHS and its activities are guided by Christian principles. Membership in the RAHS organization requires that you agree to not hinder our Statement of Faith and Purpose. Please read the Statement of Faith and Purpose, and the RAHS' by-laws before completing a membership form.
Web Site admin
Racine Area Home Schoolers (RAHS) Statement of Faith and Purpose
Statement of Faith:
1. We believe the Bible is the infallible, inerrant Word of God, and it is the supreme and final authority for all matters of faith and life.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father , Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the perfect deity and perfect humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His bodily return in power and glory.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but chose to sin and Is therefore lost and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone are saved.
5. We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and is received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty for man?s sin, through His shed blood.
6. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict men of their sin, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in Jesus Christ.
Statement of Purpose:
The purpose of RAHS shall be to offer support and informationfor those of all interest levels and areas pertaining to home schooling.
Specifically, the purpose of RAHS shall be:
a. to offer resources, encouragement, and support to those who have chosen the home schooling option. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
b. to assist those who are considering home schooling, to make an informed choice.
c. to encourage educational growth for home schooling families by offering seminars, workshops, lectures, and other educational opportunities.
d. to facilitate the social and educational growth of home schooled children, by offering field trips, group classes and other activities.
e. to facilitate an informed community awareness of home schooling.