Lighthouse Home School Support Statement of Faith
What We Believe and Hold to be True
(Members are not required to assign the same doctrinal beliefs as may be held by Lighthouse Home School Support and its directors, however we hope to share and express these beliefs as the basis of this ministry and will guide the programs and projects of STEP and Lighthouse Home School support under these principal beliefs.)
- We believe that God is the creator of the universe creating both the seen (physical) and the unseen (spiritual) realms and that God the creator is also the giver of life.
- We believe the Bible was spoken by God for mankind for the purpose of revealing who He is and it is without error in all issues to which it speaks.
- We believe in the Triunity (Trinity), one God in three Persons, consisting of Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit.
- We Believe Jesus Christ is Divine God who came from Heaven to mankind as a man yet retaining the Divinity of God and who while living a sinless life was rejected and betrayed by man to be crucified and die on the cross yet not to remain dead, but to resurrect the third day in accordance with His Everlasting Divine life.
- We believe that the death of Christ on the cross provided complete atonement for all the sins of the world, therefore cleansing those who choose to be cleansed from their sin to then receive the Holy Spirit, and by receiving the Holy Spirit becoming "Born Again," and being Born Again becoming children of God. Children in the family of God and as children in a personal relationship with their Father who is God above all and as children also inheritors in the Heavenly Kingdom of Jesus Christ the kingdom that is without end.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the judge of all of mankind's thoughts, intentions and actions and that He is just and wise in His judgment. As judge, He will judge the unjust [those who are not covered by the blood of Jesus Christ] to everlasting condemnation while to the righteous [those who are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ] He will give of His life, His gifts, and His glory.
- We believe Christ physically rose from the dead, was seen by and interacted with many eyewitnesses including the Disciples and Apostles and that He has now ascended back into heaven where He originally came from. Jesus Christ is currently seated in majesty, power and authority alongside the Father and He is now accessible to us in both prayer and fellowship.
- We believe that God created marriage in the beginning, as a blessing for both man and woman, before any sin or rebellion entered the world, and that he created marriage to be between one man and one woman, who enter into a covenant relationship, complement one another, serve one another, and sanctify one another for as long as they both shall live. Accordingly, we reject any attempt to redefine marriage as a union between people of the same sex or as between more than one man and one woman. We believe that the homosexual lifestyle and alternative gender identities are contrary to Scripture, which is a directive for our faith.
- We believe that human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all of human life.
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. For purposes of Lighthouse Home School Support's doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Board of Directors of Southeast Texas Educational Partnership has final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application. Members may address the board at regularly called meetings for interpretive questions.