Southeast Texas Homeschool Science Fair
Ready, Set, Go!
Here’s what you need to know to be prepared*:
- Attend the FREE workshop offered by Lighthouse Educational Services to registered on January 7 from 2:30pm-4:00 pm at Ridgewood Church, 2920 Lake Arthur Drive to find out how to choose and prepare a project.
- Take time to learn the process.
- Work through your project, documenting each step and recording data along the way.
- Give yourself plenty of time to prepare your exhibit according to the guidelines.
- Conduct a mock interview to prepare for your judging interview.
- Be creative, but more importantly, be thorough and learn from your project.
- Bring your project and exhibit along with report/journal and materials to the Beaumont Children’s Museum by 9:00 a.m. , giving yourself time to have it completely set up and ready by that time. Doors open at 8:30 a.m.
- Judging will begin at 9:00 am and all exhibitors will be required to interview with judges between 9:30 am and 12:00 pm. Your interview will be scheduled when you arrive and you will need to be at your exhibit 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- While at the museum, you may visit museum exhibits and enjoy your stay
- Your registration fee includes your museum entry as well as one adult. All other family members will be required to pay for museum entrance @ $4/ person.
- You may wish to bring snacks or a sack lunch so that you are prepared to stay at the facility throughout the event. All food and drinks should be consumed outside of the museum in the porch or civic center areas.
- Awards ceremony will be held from 1:00pm-2:00 p.m.
- All exhibits should be removed from the facility by 3 pm.
We are thrilled about the opportunity to be a part of your homeschool learning and character building. Please pray for wisdom as we work together to make this a blessing to all involved.
*All times and suggestions in this document are approximate and subject to change. A program schedule with further information will be distributed prior to the event.