Statement of Faith
Our Statement of faith concerns the Person and Work of Jesus Christ (The Gospel) revealed in Scripture. It is the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 2, Eph. 4:5) which distinguishes believers from non-believers. There are many other precious truths taught in the Bible over which godly men have differed in understanding. Therefore, this is not a statement of all that is important to believe, but of all that is essential to believe for Christian fellowship and unity (Rom. 15:7).
- A. We Believe in the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired and infallible Word of God. The Bible in its original autograph is without error in whole or in part (II Tim. 3:16, II Pet. 1:20-21).
- B. We Believe God is one being, Who eternally exists as three persons: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit. All of the persons are equal in power and glory (Matt. 28:19, II Cor. 13:14).
- C. We believe Jesus Christ is fully God and man (John 11:14), born of a virgin (Matt. 1:18), sinless in His life (Heb. 4:15). He died on the cross as a substitution for sinful men (Heb. 9:15). He rose bodily from the grave (John 20:1-9, 24-31, Acts 2:24) and now reigns with the Father (Acts 2:33, Heb. 10:12). He will return visibly and personally to the earth both in salvation and judgment (Acts 1:11, Heb. 9:28, Matt. 24:35).
- D. We Believe all humans are sinful by nature (Rom. 3:23. 5:12) and can only be forgiven by repentance and statement of trust in Jesus as Savior (John 3:16), brought about by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5-5).
- E. We Believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. (Rom. 8:1-17)
- F. We Believe in the Biblical definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman. (Gen. 2:24, Mark 10:6-9).
While leaders of Pamlico Christian Homeschool Group are required to live by this Statement of Faith, members are not held to the same standards. Members, however, are required to read and sign the Statement of Faith and agree to do nothing in actions or words that would go against our Statement of Faith at any Pamlico Christian Homeschool Group functions.
I have read, accepted, and agree to abide by the above Statement of Faith.
Here is a printable version of the Statement of Faith.