Our goals are to provide homeschool families with information, encouragement, and Christian relationships. CHEFF is for those seeking to communicate and build support networks with other families who share like values. Involvement within the homeschool community is encouraged — whether by sharing news, politics, or homeschool-related issues that may be helpful and pertinent to other families. CHEFF serves to support Christian rights to speak freely without concern of offending those who do not share their Christian beliefs; however, because CHEFF does not represent a particular denomination, we encourage conversations that respect those differences.
CHEFF seeks to provide an atmosphere that fosters academic instruction which enhances the parent’s efforts as they fully accept the biblical responsibility to “train up a child in the way he should go.” (Proverbs 22:6) Support for our members through prayer, commitment, the sharing of educational information, and the sharing of gifts and talents that God has given us to help one another. We strive to provide an environment that fosters and encourages relationships among children and adults that honor the Lord. For students, our goal is to offer: Consistent opportunities to interact with a group of children and teachers and to learn the importance of blessing and respecting authority. We encourage and re-enforce the character traits of attentiveness, cooperation, and responsibility. We hope to offer activities and opportunities that would otherwise be impractical or impossible at home. We also support a learning environment that equips them to think clearly, concisely, and critically.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe that all Scripture of the Holy Bible is God inspired, completely inerrant in the original writing, and the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word, and deed.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representation and substitution sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified by His shed blood.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and His present life for us as High Priest and advocate.
7. We believe in “the blessed hope,” the personal premillenial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God, a relationship in which they are eternally secure.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.