Statement of Faith
- The Bible to be the inspired divinely preserved Word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
- That man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, can be saved.
- That salvation is the free gift of God, brought to the sinner by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose substitutionary death on the Cross paid the penalty for man’s sin.
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict mankind, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- That the God of the Bible established marriage as the exclusive lifetime covenant of union between one man and one woman. It is His unique gift that echoes the union of Christ and His church, and is the ideal environment that He has ordained for procreation and for the raising of children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord to the glory of God.
- In the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that individual doctrinal differences, which may exist outside of the aforementioned, should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.
Please Note: Although membership in NSCH is open to all, regardless of religious affiliation, the group is a distinctly Christian organization. As such, some volunteer positions require that the person serving has affirmed this Statement of Faith. We will strive to promote home schooling from a Christian perspective in both our communications and activities.