Becoming a New Member
If interested in first-time membership in NSCH follow these steps:
1. Go to the Membership Request page and complete our membership request form.
2. Once your request is received you will be contacted shortly by our New Member Assistant.
3. Our New Member Assistant will set up a time to meet you in her home or at our monthly parent meetings held the second Tuesday of each month at a North Shore church. Before meeting with our New Member Assistant you should take the time to read through our Group Guidelines and Procedures.
4. As a condition of membership five waivers must be signed: NSCH YOUTH WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY.docx, NSCH Adult WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY.docx, and NSCH Message Board Waiver.docx. One Youth Waiver must be signed for each family with all children listed on the waiver, two Adult Waivers must be signed, one for each parent, and two Message Board Waivers must be signed, one for each parent.
5. When you meet with our New Member Assistant she will review our Group Guidelines and Procedures, Statement of Faith, and waivers with you, as well as receive the $26 membership fee, payable by cash or check. Checks should be written to NSCH. All prospective members must read, agree to follow, and sign our Group Guidelines and Procedures and sign all five waivers listed above. Signing our Statement of Faith is optional. Membership in NSCH is open to all, regardless of religious affiliation; however, the group is a distinctly Christian organization. As such, some volunteer positions require that the person serving has affirmed our Statement of Faith.
6. Once you have met our New Member Assistant, have read, agreed to follow, signed the Group Guidelines and Procedures, signed all waivers, and have paid the membership fee, your member account will be approved on our website. This will enable you to have access to all of the member only areas of our website, including our very active message boards and our events calendar where you may enroll for various events and activities.
Please Note: If you join after January 1st the membership fee is $15. Membership is effective from August 1st through July 31st of the following year, no matter what month you join. If you join after June 1st your membership will begin when the $26 yearly dues are received through July 31st of the following year.
Joining Home School Legal Defense: If you are new to homeschooling, we highly recommend that you join Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA). HSLDA is a nonprofit advocacy organization established to defend and advance the constitutional right of parents to direct the education of their children and to protect family freedoms. If you do decide to join HSLDA you should become a member of NSCH first so that you will have access to our group discount number. Our group discount number will give you money off of your membership in HSLDA.
Renewing Members: If you have had a membership in NSCH (formerly North Shore Homeschool Support Group/NSHSSG) in the past, that has expired, and would like to rejoin, please do not fill out a new membership request form, but instead, go to our Membership Renewal page for complete instructions on how to renew your membership.
For Questions About Membership: Click here or go to https://homeschool-life.com/2266/iform/44894