CHEER Vision & Statement of Faith
CHEER Vision: To provide resources to members to use their giftings in encouraging one another toward excellence in homeschooling.
Our Statement of Faith concerns the Person and Work of Jesus Christ (the Gospel) revealed in Scripture. It is the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 2, Eph. 4:5) which distinguishes believers from non-believers. There are many other precious truths taught in the Bible over which godly men have differed in understanding. Therefore, this is not a statement of all that is important to believe but of all that is essential to believe for Christian fellowship and unity (Romans 15:7). Statement in concept and in the practice of Christianity as outlined in the Tenets of Christian Theology:
- We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired and only infallible Word of God, inerrant in the autographs (II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe God is one being Who eternally exists as three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All of the persons are equal in power and glory (Matthew 28:19, II Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe Jesus Christ is fully God and man (John 1:1, 14), born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18), sinless in His life (Hebrews 4:15). He died on the cross as a substitution for sinful men (Heb. 9:15). He rose bodily from the grave (John 20:1-9, 24-31, Acts 2:24) and now reigns with the Father (Acts 2:33, Hebrews 10:12). He will return visibly and personally to the earth both in salvation and judgment (Acts 1:11, Hebrews 9:28, Matthew 24:35).
- We believe all humans are sinful by nature (Romans 3:23, 5:12) and can only be forgiven by repentance and statement of trust in Jesus as Savior (John 3:16), brought about by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5-7).
- We believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:1-17).
- We reject the anti-Christian tenets of secular humanism, including the general theory of evolution, one-world government, government-mandated sex education, government- mandated parenting courses, modern feminist ideology, abortion, and the promotion of homosexuality as an alternative, acceptable lifestyle. (From Article II of the OCHEC Bylaws.)